By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why dont you have a ps3?

Too much for me right now. I'll try to get one when thye get a good lot of JRPGs, though

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Expensive and no games I want now or in the future except warhawk.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Soriku said:
Because I can't afford it and there are no games out right now for it that appeal to me. The games that do appeal to me will come out sometime later, but waiting that long isn't...good. There's a reason why some people call it the "DelayStation."

Meh, 5.5/10.

The problem with the PS3, for me, is that it's just too much of an investment. Buying consoles is really damn expensive. Once you purchase a PS3, controllers, a game or two, a headset, cables, etc., it can become a very hefty price tag. Plus, a lot of the games exclusive to the PS3 are "I can live without" games. While the PS3 does have some good exclusives, most of them are not motivation enough to buy the system. Heavenly Sword and Uncharted (among other games) look like a lot of fun, but I won't die if I don't play them. The only real exception to this is LittleBigPlanet (I'm not a MGS fan). White Knight Story also is a great motivation.

^^ Exactly what MontanaHatchet said. Too much money, no games I need to play, plus I already have GC & Wii games I have my eye on.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Cause I sold it last week. Why would one buy a ps3 at this point? For MGS4 ofcourse...well I beat it in 18 hours so...

Around the Network

No enough games that interest me and a exorbitant price.

Its way too expensive for what it offers me. It would have to drop around 80% in price, then I'll get one.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Waste of money, I don´t want to pay for stuff that I won´t even use...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Well let me explain in detail:

My friend who owns a PS3 is kind enough to let me borrow it whenever he isn't using it and as a result I've already played and completed these games:

• GTA IV
  • MGS4
  • Ratchet & Clank (I own this one)

But whats more is that there is only a small list of games that I want to play that I would need a PS3 for, and those games are:

• -Uncharted (will probably start & finish before mid-Aug)
  • -R&C Future: Quest for Booty
  • -Resistance 2
  • -Battlefield: Bad Company
  • -LBP

Of those games only LBP is the kind of game that I would want to own the console for since its the sort of game I would continually come back to.  Bad Company & Resistance have online but those modes are not what interests me about the games, the campaigns are what interest me. 

All in all of that list I will definitely play uncharted (my friend already has it) and LBP (my friend plans to buy it).  The two shooters I can live with or without its not a big deal to me since I have TF2 already and L4D coming this Nov and R&C I'm only moderately interested in.

Its also worth noting that I don't really buy DVDs except in very rare cases like Firefly, The Venture Brothers, and South Park (ie shows I absolutely want to support) and that won't change with BR so that aspect doesn't have much value to me personally, particularly since my PC is connected to my HDTV via HDMI and Optical audio and I can just buy a BR drive for much cheaper anyways ($115 on newegg). But again it doesn't really interest me anyways.

So for me to get a PS3 a few things need to happen.  First a sub-$300 price point on an SKU that has BC (this seems unlikely at the moment).  Second, I would like to see a few more games with the re-playability that LBP appears to have (I think this is extremely likely to happen if not guaranteed). And finally the purchase would have to come during a period where I wasn't anticipating much for PC or Wii, I currently have over 30 games on my list of possible purchases and when you compare the $ per gaming hour average of spending cash on those games versus buying a PS3 it doesn't come out so well for the PS3..so again it would need to be during a period where I had extra disposable gaming income above my list of interesting games.

Now its fair to say my criteria is steep and even somewhat unreasonable in places but I've never been a compromising consumer.  I will also admit that I have a luxury in this case that most people don't have because I'm lucky enough to still have access to the system despite my steep criteria.

I know perfectly well there are plenty of people who love their PS3 and won't understand this but this is exactly how I see it with no spin or bias added.  If I had it in for the PS3 I can gaurantee I wouldn't have purchased a PS3 game and I wouldn't have put nearly this much thought into the purchase to begin with.  I'm simply a consumer who doesn't use his list of wants as the only criteria for buying something.  If you want to say I overthink it a bit I won't disagree, but it serves me well.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Because, as of this exact moment, there is only one game out for it that I would like to purchase (Metal Gear Solid 4). I don't buy systems for future potential alone if I already have other platforms on which I can play games at the same time. The Wii is possibly an exception as I bought a Wii at launch because Zelda was out immediately and Zelda is reason enough for me to buy a new platform at $250. I didn't buy an Xbox 360 until there was a sufficient backlog of games on it that I would be able to stay busy with them until other future games came out (I played Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, and Mass Effect back to back and will pick up Lost Odyssey as soon as I have money).

If I purchased a PS3 at this exact moment, I'd buy and play MGS4, and then do absolutely nothing with it until White Knight Chronicles (is that what it's called?) comes out (possibly Little Big Planet). I'd rather wait until there are more games I want available for the platform and a possibility of me getting it cheaper.