By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ZenfoldorVGI said:
d21lewis said:
Infamous. LBP. etc. Jusd because there are more shooters doesn't mean less of everything else.

Well....actually....isn't that exactly what it means?

well it depends

in terms of ratio, yes

in terms of an overall total, possibly.

But I assume he was trying to make the point that even with all these shooter-type games, the PS3 still offers other quality games from various genre's.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

Companies are making shooters for the ps3, because that's what sells in America.

Sony is not making these games. Companies will simply come to them and say "we have this great...."- nuff said.

if shooters are coming out more than other games, then blame it on yourselves for either

a) renting games, or, not buying games other than shooters

b) buying shooters

so either

a) quit playing the blame game

b) gtfo

Actually, Killzone, Socom and MAG are all being made by Sony.

Shooters sell... thats what MS have shown. And now there is new trend, which seem to be best source of profits. Thats casual games. Just wait for those. I hope you like games like cook with snake, drake tennis and so on. ;D

starcraft said:
The funny thing is, Sony waited to late to announce all these shooters (in contrast to some other things they announced far too early), so at least eight million of the (relatively small console shooter market) has already gone to the Xbox 360.

Really, you think it's small?

2 of the top 4 games on the PS3 are shooters.

3 of the top 4 games on the 360, are shooters.

I did not include GTA4, and some will consider that a shooter.

The two highest selling games to come this year, will be Gears of War 2, and Resistance 2 (both shooters). 

So in the HD console world, it's by far the largest market.

Socom:Confrontation will be PS3's best shooter exclusive if Slant Six revives the classic Socom II online with Socom:Confrontation...or at least to me it will be

Around the Network

Disappointing. They hyped it up so much and I have zero interest at all...

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Obliterator1700 said:
theprof00 said:

Companies are making shooters for the ps3, because that's what sells in America.

Sony is not making these games. Companies will simply come to them and say "we have this great...."- nuff said.

if shooters are coming out more than other games, then blame it on yourselves for either

b) buying shooters

so either

b) gtfo

They can refuse right?

are you on drugs?

Aj_habfan said:
theprof00 said:

b) buying shooters

so either

b) gtfo

Actually, Killzone, Socom and MAG are all being made by Sony.

along with the other 50 non shooters... point?

Edit: i thought i told you guys to stop playing the blame game.... don't point your fingers at me. it still isn't sonys fault that everyone wants a piece of the ""halo market"" (what i mean by this is; GIANT CASHCOW SHOOTER MARKET)

TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:
The funny thing is, Sony waited to late to announce all these shooters (in contrast to some other things they announced far too early), so at least eight million of the (relatively small console shooter market) has already gone to the Xbox 360.

Really, you think it's small?

2 of the top 4 games on the PS3 are shooters.

3 of the top 4 games on the 360, are shooters.

I did not include GTA4, and some will consider that a shooter.

The two highest selling games to come this year, will be Gears of War 2, and Resistance 2 (both shooters). 

So in the HD console world, it's by far the largest market.

Lol.  But shooters are clearly the hardcore market, comprised mainly of early adopters.

Edit: The top 36 games on PS2 are NOT shooters, excepting two MGS games that are stealth/action.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

wenlan said:
Maybe Phil Harrison is not a RPG fan or he invest too little money in Japan. It seems to me that Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios put most of their resources in western studios (especially Europe). Hopefully, we will see more balance between different genres in the near future as Shuhei Yoshida is in charge now.

You have this all backward.

Phil Harrison was the one pushing for diversification, overseeing games like Buzz, Singstar, and LBP. Since Yoshida has taken over all we have heard is the cancellation of games that don't have online, and the announcement of even more FPSs.

It remains to be seen whether or not Yoshida can adequately fill Harrison's shoes, but so far the outlook isn't exactly great.