By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Potentially Big News In Multiplatforming

You are putting graphics ahead of money. Doesn't matter what you think about the PS3 - Wii graphics change, the Wii represents the more attractive demographic for their game. Wii is selling well in America just like it is in Japan, they aren't ignoring anything by putting it on the Wii. Just the graphics whores.

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
omoneru said:
Dolla Dolla said:

今のところは変更は無いが、PS3用として取り掛かったからといって他にまったく利用できないというわけではない。販売に関してはタイミングを見る。その時点の台数だけでなく、勢いも重要。

From what I understand, it pretty much says they haven't ruled out porting FFXIII to the 360. They say that even though it is being designed specifically with the PS3 in mind, it is not the case that they couldn't utilize everything they've accomplished elsewhere (multiplatform). But, this is a very poor translation on my part, and would like someone who could do a much better job.

I'm Japanese. You're basically right about the translation.

He's saying "Even though there is no change in our original plan (about it being PS3 exclusive) at the moment, it could be ported to other platform (at least theoretically). We'll see when is a good time to do it. (As to which platform) the number of console sold in the market is an important factor (for them to choose which) but the momentum (that console has in the market at any given time) is also important.

Thanks for translating I'll update the original post.

Now I'm going to give my translation from "Corporate" language to the "No BS" language.

We could port it to the 360, that's possible. It needs to have a higher install base, and it needs to be selling better than than the PS3 as well; basically, if the 360 keeps its lead and continues to sell better than the PS3 through this Christmas, we'll port it.

Anyone else read that differently?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

rocketpig said:
windbane said:
rocketpig said:
roadkillers said:

Ya but I remember SE saying something that there most concerned about Japan.

If that's true, SE just grabbed a big ol' gun, loaded it, pointed it at their own foot, and pulled the trigger.

Huh? 

Square is shooting themselves in the foot if they're focusing on the Japanese market.

Square has always focused on Japan and it has worked very well for them even when they didn't even release their games in america and europe.  The market has changed and now America and europe will buy these games, but Square has never needed to change the way they made games.  Final Fantasy and other square RPGs sell well in the west without actually making the game to specifically appeal to the west.  Dragon Quest sells so well in Japan that it doesn't matter much that it doesn't sell well in the west.  Japan has always been Square's rock, and it will continue to be.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

From all these translations, all i can see is a Wii,Wii,Wii burned in my retina. How are they going to manage downsizeing the thing is beyond me. But a Final Fantasy was never ported in a console with little success. Even the Wonderswan with its NES FF ports was powerful in japan,unlike the x-box. Japan just dont like western consoles, only lots of microsoft buck$ can sweeten the deal.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

superchunk said:
I see it this way. Since this game isn't even a consideration to be release prior to April of '08, SE will see what the market is like after this holiday. If the numbers are similar to what I have in my sig, i.e. ps3 half of the 360 WW, I bet we will see a timed exclusive with 360 getting their special version.

yep yep yep, although if it is a timed exclusive what will the wait be? 6 months?