By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Details!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=20137

- First level - You are attacked on a spaceship while meeting with the ship’s captain…action packed

- Play feels motion controls work better than dual joystick

- Super sensitive pointer in “advanced” mode

- Beam stacking ala Super Metroid

- Visor switch: Hold minus and flick Wiimote in certain directions

- Boss fight with Ridley at the end of the first level. Excellent difficulty curve by the time you reach the boss.

- Back tracking in MP3:C makes more sense than in previous Primes

- Extra development time was to give the game more polish. Nintendo wanted “Twilight Princess” levels of polish. Game is focused on Metroid fans and hardcore gamers, but still accessible to newcomers due to controls.

- Second level - floating city focused on exploration

- Larger environments, bloom lighting, better textures than Prime 2

- Corruption Mode not available in demo

- Play says it could be the biggest revolution in FPS gaming since Halo.

That's a pretty bold claim at the bottom.  I can't wait for the game!  Some nice details too (good to see them finally using bloom lighting).  Ironically, this information is from Play magazine who not 2 days ago claimed that Nintendo is not making any hardcore games and they didn't see anything on this game at Nintendo's showing... yay for Play sucking.  As far as the info goes though some decent stuff. 

Around the Network

No multiplayer makes me sad. :(

I loved hunters, minus the hand cramping...

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Sorry man...this is like the 4th identical thread on this same information...the one that says (SPOILERS INSIDE) is the first one, that's where the discussion's happening.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )