By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN give Wii Play a 5.5 !!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/763/763835p1.html Ouch!!

Around the Network

*rubs his Wii* it's ok everything you sell sucks... Most Wii gamers dont care if the games suck.

Wii Play is incredibly shallow; in fact, by comparison it makes the already-flimsy Wii Sports look like a Zelda adventure in scope.
ROFL

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said: *rubs his Wii* it's ok everything you sell sucks... Most Wii gamers dont care if the games suck.
Just out of idle curiosity, what possesses you to post statements like this?

Just out of idle curiosity, what possesses you to post statements like this?
Getting reactions similar to yours makes him hard.

Well you Wii guys tend to always say 'It's not the reviews that matter. It's the gameplay.' So I'm just more or less saying what you guys say. I think Nintendo was dumb to release WiiPlay so late after launch. Most people... Like me... have as many Wiimotes as they plan on ever getting. I'm not going to buy another Wiimote. I'd buy Wii play for 10$. But I dont need another remote. So that makes WiiPlay a 50$ game.

Around the Network

Kwaad said: Well you Wii guys tend to always say 'It's not the reviews that matter. It's the gameplay.' So I'm just more or less saying what you guys say.
What I find interesting is that in some posts you seem reasonably well spoken, while in others (like the one I commented on) you seem to go off into outer space. It's just interesting behavior, and I thought I'd ask about it.

I'm not sure how Wii play will be recieved in NA. I know it's done fairly well in Europe and very very well in Japan, but it seems like it won't be nearly as much of a new experience as Wii sports. Lazer hockey looks fun... but thats about it. Either way, it's a new game that'll probably move some decent numbers.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

FWIW, I pre-ordered the title in December, at the same time as Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. My wife loves the Wario Ware games, so we already knew we were going to purchase that. The Wii Play pre-order was basically a matter of getting an extra controller plus what amounts to a $10 game, albeit a game which was an unknown quantity at the time. That's how the store employees marketed the pre-order in any case. Since remotes are still being scalped here, it's not such a big loss if the game is awful. OTOH, I'd prefer that the game at least be fun to play. It was marketed as a sort of training game for the console in Japan, its title meaning basically "First Wii game", but even an introductory title should be enjoyable. I suppose we'll find out tomorrow.

baka said: Kwaad said: Well you Wii guys tend to always say 'It's not the reviews that matter. It's the gameplay.' So I'm just more or less saying what you guys say. What I find interesting is that in some posts you seem reasonably well spoken, while in others (like the one I commented on) you seem to go off into outer space. It's just interesting behavior, and I thought I'd ask about it.
That's my Troll mode. ;) Not you, but alot of people say. People play Wii games because their Fun. They dont defend the Wii games as being good. Just fun. So that is my scarcasm saying. 'It's a horrible game. But I'm sure it's "fun". So it will be bought/sold by the millions of Wii gamers who dont care if it sucks. Because it's 'fun'. I use fun alot on there because that's all they are. A fun, quick fix. I would give Wii Sports ALOT more credit if you 'moved' your Mii. Instead of it being automatic. Becuase it's automatic. When you play like I do. Whoever serves... looses. I played my brother a Game of Tennis for 2 hours before his arm was killing him. I couldnt win, and he couldnt win. Every other match we swapped score. 2 Good players... unless one screws up... Cant win. (I can beat the 2 Ace computers... One is 2000 and the other is like 1960 I think) With me playing both players on my team. If My wife plays with me... it's easier.

I imagine some of the criticism is accurate, I'm one of those that's just in it for the fun. I don't have the time to go for hours with games as I did when I was younger, although I do seem to be spending plenty of time going over message boards as of late. That too will probably pass.