puffy said:
A portion of a GamePro review…

A horrid port of a once prestigious franchise, Rygar: The Battle of Argus can only be described as what happens when you take an interesting game from years ago and strip away everything that made it fun or innovative. And give it spiky hair.

So perhaps take it off the list then..

Take that game off the list because of a GamePro Review? When there are bad reviews from trusty sources the game should be taken off the the list.

More Games:

Look here, my site, sorry in german only but you get the pictures

Games like Overlord: Dark Legend, Endless Ocean 2 or the very promising looking new Potter game should be added to the list. Perhaps Red Steel 2 too, yes I now it's a ubicrap game, but the first game was decent, perhaps the sequel will be good.

Around the Network

^ yes if a game that is on a list of anticipated titles gets any review saying its a horrid port then I think that it should be removed.

@z101: Overlord and Endless Ocean are already on the list (and have basically always been there).

Red Steel gets its spot once we have a screenshot and something of an official announcement.

@puffy: I'll get Rygar of the list if it's rviewed bad by more reviewers. Let's say that a metacritic score after release of 6.5 or lower will get a game off the list. Sounds reasonable?

@Benga: Of course if that's what you want to do. I guess it'd be better to give the game the benefit of the doubt.

You've been cautious about what is put on the list so far so I just don't want it to lose integrity I guess

IVery good list and nice post btw ! It will be an awesome gaming year, toughest than the end 2k7/debut 2k8 (I'm in EU)

Muramasa is listed in rpg ? I thought it was a beat them all ?

Around the Network

My own list Im keeping in this thread that I'll update through out the year of games Im getting and expect to make it in 2009.

MadWorld l Deadly Creatures l Tenchu 4: Shadow Assasin l Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse l Sonic and the Black Knight l Klonoa: Door to Phantomile  l Overlord:Dark Legend  l TMNT: Smash Up l The Conduit l  House of the Dead:Overkill l Sin & Punishment 2 l Muramasa: The Demon Blade l Arc Rise Fantasia l Punch Out!! l Pro Evo 2009 l Wii Sports: Resort l Play on Wii - Pikmin l Play on Wii - Donkey Kong Jungle Beat l Spore Hero l Dead Space l Red Steel 2

Why is their a 1 and black ink spot in this line!?

WHat about Red Steel 2?

Well, I can't wait for Endless Ocean 2. The first one was great but I have little informations about the next installment. Do you know when it's supposed to it the market?

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

What about Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Revolution, Winter, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, Phantom Brave Wii, Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers, Rogue Trooper: Quartz Zone Massacre, Marble Saga: Kororinpa, Let's Tap, Boom Blox Bash Party, No More Heroes 2, Pyroblazer, Spyborgs, Tales of Ten, The Calling, Bleach: Versus Crusade,  and Shaun White Snowboarding 2? They're not mentioned in the list but looks like they will be worth it. =)

2009 will definitely be an awesome year. So many games that i want to buy... but if i had to pick only one, it'd be Kizuna. It really looks like Shadow of the Colossus meets Okami! :'D

chrono_kazumi said:

What about Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Revolution, Winter, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, Phantom Brave Wii, Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers, Rogue Trooper: Quartz Zone Massacre, Marble Saga: Kororinpa, Let's Tap, Boom Blox Bash Party, No More Heroes 2, Pyroblazer, Spyborgs, Tales of Ten, The Calling, Bleach: Versus Crusade,  and Shaun White Snowboarding 2? They're not mentioned in the list but looks like they will be worth it. =)

2009 will definitely be an awesome year. So many games that i want to buy... but if i had to pick only one, it'd be Kizuna. It really looks like Shadow of the Colossus meets Okami! :'D

Winter does not have a publisher and development had stopped.
    GG XX AC+ well shit its just another revision of the game.
    No More Heroes 2 is 2010.

Some of the others you listed sound bad but some people might like them. So Id prefer not to cross them out. NOt all though. Bleach:Versus Crusade and Tales of 10 FTW! Oh and Bikinie Zombie Slayers is pure guilty pleasure.