By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - August looks like a key month for the Xbox360, MS rises or falls here.

Improved X360 and PS3 sales in second half of the year. PS3 had two exclusive top selling games with GT 5 Prologue and MGS 4 which both significantly helped boost PS3 HW sales. X360 had no top selling exclusive games in first half of 2008. Second half of 2008 should be interesting for both PS3 and X360 and it could be very close and people will be surprised.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Improved X360 and PS3 sales in second half of the year. PS3 had two exclusive top selling games with GT 5 Prologue and MGS 4 which both significantly helped boost PS3 HW sales. X360 had no top selling exclusive games in first half of 2008. Second half of 2008 should be interesting for both PS3 and X360 and it could be very close and people will be surprised.

Gears 2 Fable 2 Banjo Those three will move some serious consoles

Gears 2 will sell to the same people who already got a console for gears 1 and Halo 3. Fable might sell a few consoles but will be hampered by the fact everyone knows its coming for PC soon enough (just like the original). Banjo might sell a few but wouldn't anyone who wants Banjo be more likely to get either ratchet and clank/Little Big Planet or Wii games? A few Rare rehashes aren't going to make the 360 lose its gamerboy image. If Kameo didn't help why would Banjo? (which was a minor title even back in its heyday)

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Impulsivity said:
 Banjo might sell a few but wouldn't anyone who wants Banjo be more likely to get either ratchet and clank/Little Big Planet or Wii games?

no.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Squilliam said:
I didn't forget - I just hate GOLF!!!

But yea - The sales of these games should tell us whether Microsoft invested their money wisely in regards to FFXIII - Last Remnant - Tales of Vesperia - Fable 2 - Lost Odyssey etc.

The RPGs are coming, but the real question in... Will they sell? Furthermore and more importantly, will they sell MORE consoles?

LOL. Squilliam and I have something in common. I really detest that game and can't understand how on earth people feel entertained while watching it!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler