By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is worth more than Sony!

All Nintendo has to do is build in a multimedia player in a new gameboy, give it sleek design and compete on the MP3/4 player business. I don't know if they can outsell Ipod, but I think they could become the no.2 brand.
Or they could set up a anime producer and make animes of zelda and other franchises. That way, they could cooperate with disney to establish a solid place in the market.
And if they build a phone in the DS, they would gain even more sales in the Japanese market, watching the popularity of the DS and the endless possibilities of mobile phones in Japan.

So, that are three branches Nintendo could easily reach by EXPANDING the thing they already do so great: making games!

Around the Network

Owyea... The true leader has arisen ... ...

This one is for another 20 succesful years!      And now i'm gonna drink on it ...

THE NETHERLANDS

Article said:
http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUSTKV00351520070625

Nintendo's sales in the U.S. have not reached their potential, spokesman Toyoda said last week. The company has in the past sold about twice as many consoles in North America than in Japan or Europe, he said.

Nintendo has so far sold about 2.37 million Wii consoles in the U.S., 2 million in Japan and 1.47 million in other regions, including Europe, since the November debut, he said.

Querying why the numbers for units sold quoted by the spokesman is so far off the numbers this site has.

Judging by how much they are spending in their hardware and software all that massive amount of money they are receiving will go to two places .....marketing and money for the shareholders .

I think this can turn around quickly when actually (more) profitable slimline PSP and / or slimline PS3 products hit the market.

Nintendo is a tiny company in comparison to Sony, Sony employs over 50 (!) times the amount of people as Nintendo does (which IMO is a good thing!), Also Sony can easily afford to make huge investments they did for the PS3 as they have done over the past years and still generate healthy profits due to its overall consumer electronics performance.

Later when they generate profits from their gaming devision this adds to the overall profits. Shareholders often look at shares as a short term investment.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

so... does that make Nintendo the worlds largest Consumer electronics company?

I guess so hea ...

Oh wait: I dunno what Philips' revenue is and stuff...

THE NETHERLANDS

wow, if sony were to come back you'd probably say" evil has taken over" or "dont worry nintendo was #1 they'll do it again" You guys think this will last? You have an idea of what nintendo is dealing with? no comment..

mM
leo-j said:
wow, if sony were to come back you'd probably say" evil has taken over" or "dont worry nintendo was #1 they'll do it again" You guys think this will last? You have an idea of what nintendo is dealing with? no comment..
Well, not as much as Sony is dealing with. No comment...

DonWii said:
leo-j said:
Well, not as much as Sony is dealing with. No comment...

You do realize there is a lot more to Sony than its gaming division correct? With the future being in HD television and Sony Tvs being some of the most popular HD tvs and with Blu Ray looking to win the format war, I'd say Sony has a great future ahead of it.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!