By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Bethesda hate ps3?

I don't think so. There was a rumor a good while back that the PS3 may even see a timed exclusive of this game. The rumor got shot down pretty quick. I think there may have been a hint of reallity to this rumor, but I'm not sure what happened that changed the dynamic since then. I know Sony is not in the business of handing out checks atm for certain.

Around the Network
BeTa77 said:
Im really starting to think they do, The ps3 version of oblivion has been out for a year Theres no DLC only Shivering Isles which is a expansion pack, but all the DLC is on the 360? They havent released a patch for Shivering Isles, which is on the 360, And theres no trophy support, Now theres Exclusive DLC for the 360 for Fallout3!!!, Does Bethesda hate ps3 or something?

Maybe if you sent Bethesda that chick in your Avatar they will like the PS3 !!!

Really though, it definitely seems like dirty deals to me. I think we should all support the PS3 version so they wake up. Could be the better looking one too, as Bethesda has got the PS3 under control and has stated before that the PS3 is no where near it's full capabilities yet. And, if the port to Oblivion is anything to go by, then the PS3 version is the one for me.

M$ can screw their expensive DLC anyway.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Ummm...I hate to break it to you guys, but The Shivering Isles expansion IS on the PSN store.

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2007/11/29/shivering-isles-now-available-on-playstation-network/

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:

Ummm...I hate to break it to you guys, but The Shivering Isles expansion IS on the PSN store.

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2007/11/29/shivering-isles-now-available-on-playstation-network/

BeTa77 said:
Im really starting to think they do, The ps3 version of oblivion has been out for a year Theres no DLC only Shivering Isles which is a expansion pack, but all the DLC is on the 360? They havent released a patch for Shivering Isles, which is on the 360, And theres no trophy support, Now theres Exclusive DLC for the 360 for Fallout3!!!, Does Bethesda hate ps3 or something?

He was probably talking about the other ones, like ''Horse armor'' and stuff.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
HanzoTheRazor said:
Really though, it definitely seems like dirty deals to me. I think we should all support the PS3 version so they wake up. Could be the better looking one too, as Bethesda has got the PS3 under control and has stated before that the PS3 is no where near it's full capabilities yet. And, if the port to Oblivion is anything to go by, then the PS3 version is the one for me.

M$ can screw their expensive DLC anyway.

Im with you.

DMeisterJ said:
All the DLC is in the GOTY edition of Oblivion on PS3.

Your wrong, only the 2 expansion's are in GOTY, i was referring to the DLC such as, Wizards Tower, Horse armour ect.

Hate is such a strong word. I'd prefer to use......wishes death upon.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Dejanne said:

Seems that is the catch phrase nowadays of ps3 owners when something does not go their way huh??maybe some devs prefer to make their games on the 360,i,m not saying that some devs may not take money for xclusive content or timed realeases,but try not to make it seem as if microsoft is tossing money at every dev out there ok plsssss.we all know the developement on the ps3 cost an arm and a leg to devs.to much microsoft bashing going around lately. 

Then why bother releasing a ps3 version? Why not just make an exclusive for the console you "prefer"? I'm boycotting fallout 3 because of the news of the DLC. Thank God I never cared for any GTA game. Hopefully, M$ paid enough to cover the ps3 versions they would have sold and the revenue for the DLC as well.

A new issue is why is DLC planned during development but cannot be added to the game before release? Smells really fishy if you ask me!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

To me Bethesda is the name of the "Bethesda Naval Hospital". The best hospital in the United States where the President and such get treatment. They hate the PS3 now? Pity.

/I sorta figured Bethesda was a software company after reading the title but it still amused me.