By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock PS3 developers to concetrate on matching the 360's visuals

starcraft said:
IT will never end Gebx.

There will never be more than a marginal difference in graphical capabilities between the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Guess that you've never heard of this game called "Killzone 2" huh?

Around the Network

So they are going to make no effort at all? Gebx so you posted this to show that the 360 team at 2K are lazy as heck?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

People are so quick to judge. I prefer to judge slowly and not have to hide my tail between my legs in the long-run.

Fei-Hung said:
sounds dodgy, this article as well as a previous thread prove otherwise :s

http://www.psu.com/First-PS3-BioShock-screenshots-emerge--a0003802-p0.php

Sorry, but I believe videogamer.com more then psu.com (PlayStation Universe)

I hope the game will be the same at least, but I don't think it will sell 1.87m as 360 version did.

Some is mad the superior PS3 hardware will make for a better quality game, and that's only a port.

Around the Network

If M$ fans can show me one game which matches MGS4, Killzone 2, or GT5P for graphical quality, then I'll start listening to them. Most boxheads were won over by the graphical dominance of the original Xbox, and they're trying hard to hide from the new reality ;D

Games machines owned: C64*, NES, SNES*, PS1, PS2*, PS3* (*still own).

GREAT MOMENTS IN HUMAN HISTORY

12/9/2008 18:46 Australian CST - !!!I got my first trophy!!! Huzzah!!!

I disagree I dont think uncharted looks better than the first gears let alone the second(it always bugs me when people go on and on about uncharteds graphics when the best part of teh game were the characters, I just loved the way they were played and the story line). As for kz2 yes it is one of if not the best console looking game we have seen but it is not that MUCH better than what I have seen of gears2(I actualy like the way gears looks better although I still think the nod for graphics go to kz2). When you take into consideration how long the game has been in dev for and how much it cost what do you expect. The point is there isnt that much diff between the 2 when it comes to games but people on both sides will always claime there are.

starcraft said:
IT will never end Gebx.

There will never be more than a marginal difference in graphical capabilities between the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Clearly true, but there will always be fanboys who believe in company marketing speak, especially that of Sony who originally promised the PS3 to be very powerful and then castrated it significantly before releasing.

The other issue is that niether the 360 nor the PS3 have any remotely graphically impressive games as they're both literally years behind the PC market at this point.  Many of their games aren't even in HD (for example, GTA 4 on the PS3).  Many of the games aren't playable due to framerate issues (Skate on the PS3), etc.

People who are excited about the graphics on either system strike me as relatively silly -- the systems aren't high end and haven't been since 2005/2006.

@starcraft

Ignorance is bliss. Comments like yours only come from people who don't own a PS3.

Have u heard of Oblivion?- I own both PS3 & 360 versions and believe me, the 360 version SUCKS! What a shitty looking game compared to the PS3 version, so your comment is puss!

Lol, 2K has already said on numerless occasions that there will be substantial upgrades in the graphics. All the PS3 needs is a good dev and a bit of time and BS has BOTH!

Typical thread from a Sony hater though...

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Oh, who gives a sh!t, I'm just glad to be getting this game, it's one of the very few 360 games that I've wanted.