By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Reply To Bushings Piracy Concerns

Nintendo Reply To Bushings Piracy Concerns

Posted By: wraggster

Bushing one of the Wii Scenes most prominent hackers last week went public with his plea to Nintendo to answer him and stop a piracy exploit (unreleased) in the Wii that allows unmodified Wiis to run pirated Games, Bushing updated and Nintendo have replied:

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:31:26 +0100
To: bushing
Subject: Security issue.
First of we do not support what you are doing, but since you found a issue that could allow pirated Wii games.

We have to see to patch this as fast as possible, So what is this security issue you want to talk about.

Tyson Green
http://www.nintendo.com/
NOA

Looks like the pirates wont be getting their day after all and by doing this Bushing has protected the Homebrew scene. Yes a strange move for a Wii Hacker to Work with Nintendo but protecting against Piracy benefits all and especially the Homebrew Community.

http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/nintendo-reply-to-bushings-piracy-concerns-122815.html

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

Hm. Well, that was pretty frosty, but it was more receptive than most corporate responses to hackers that I've seen. Nintendo's treating him more like a double agent who might betray them at any moment than a witch who must be burned.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Apparently fake

Rath said:
Apparently fake

Oh yeah? how so? would you care sharing your wisdom on this one?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

These hacker cats are very smart cookies, but I wonder what great things they could achieve if they put their mind to something more usefull, rather than finding ways to pirate games on video game consoles.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network
vaio said:
Rath said:
Apparently fake

Oh yeah? how so? would you care sharing your wisdom on this one?

Because on the original source - http://hackmii.com/2008/07/dear-nintendo/ - right above said email is the notice

"ATTENTION: THIS IS A FAKE EMAIL I RECEIVED"

From Bushing himself.

Wisdom shared.

that letter is fake yes but the story is true he has been contacted by Nintendo.

Comment 12.

He did get a response. The response is not published.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

No, the story is completely wrong as it claims that is Nintendo's reply in its opening sentence. Bushing hasn't made Nintendo's reply public.

Basically that article got their facts wrong.

This article needs a re-write. Poor research.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8