By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 exclusives 2009 are .... ?

Yep, Gears 2, Fable 2, Halo 3, all are going to pc. Is that affecting their sales...nope.

^^I Agree.

Around the Network

Stupid discussion but i will add my thrupny bit. When talking about Exclusives in the console world i think you can rule out PC. Is a PC a console, no. Does a game coming out on PC effect the sales figures of any of the three consoles, not in my opinion, PC gamers as far as i can see have at least one of the consoles under their TV as well.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Until 'PC' is shown on the front page of VGC with a piece of the 'console' market share, then no it should not be included when talking about exclusive console games.  It has very little in common with consoles; You can't rent PC games, it has no set hardware standards, it's sales are loosely tracked, many PCs can't even play the latest generation of games.

If a console game also being released on the PC actually had a significant affect of console sales, then I'm sure someone would track these PC sales more accurately, but they don't.

And back on topic... it looks like the 360 already has some nice exclusives for 2009, plus knowing Microsoft, they don't like to announce things too far in advance (take this years E3 for example which was 90% focused on 2008). So I would expect a lot more announcements in the future for its 2009 lineup.

MrBubbles said:
ToastyJaguar said:
CrazzyMan said:
Just for those, who don`t understand the meaning of word EXCLUSIVE.

Hint: exclusive interview, exclusive photos, exclusive screenshots and etc. it`s mean, that something is available only in one place.

Now, PC/x360 are not x360 exclusives, they are MULTIPLATFORM games, that just NOT coming to PS3 or Wii, or PS2, or anything else.
If game is available on more then 1 platform, it`s NOT exclusive anymore.

you make sense but pc/360 games are exclusive in my mind as you can't play them on the ps3.

360/pc= microsoft platform. what do you expect from a computer software company?

although crazzy still doesnt understand the word exclusive eventhough i corrected him in the other thread.... he is correct about its use here(for those that feel the PC is a real platform).   the games were stated only as a 360 exclusive.   when they are pc/360(or microsoft, if you wish) exclusives.

Ox, how about you jsut change it to Microsoft Platform exclusives...lol. Then many of these trolls will have to dig deep to find a new way to sling worthless comments at the list.  Considering that ALL of these are listed under Microsoft's EDD, and there's not way to break out what's what for profit purposes...it makes sense to lump them all together, since if EDD had reached profitability and M$ will only continue to integrate the console and PC gaming together.  Anyway, yes..I vote to call it, M$ platform exclusives, and shut some folks up...everybody with common sense should read this as the "Sony-fanboys-are-screw" exclusive list...lol.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

This is just a fruitless discussion: it basically boils down to the need of the SDF to undermine the value of the exclusive 360 content in order for their platform of choice to appear in a better position.

The truth is, when we say 360 exclusive means neither the wii nor the ps3 get to see that content.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

There aren't any Xbox360 exclusives in 2009, Microsoft is buying Sony out next year! Just you wait guys... you'll see.

Tease.