By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who has a Wii modchip installed and why?

I've had the Wii for about 2 years now and had the chip installed a year ago.  In my opinion, it's the best thing I could have ever done.  It has saved me a lot of money but not because of pirating software.

I have purchased Metriod, Trauma Center (both), Excite Truck, SMG, MOHH2 (After tring it ) and RE: Umbrella Cronicles.  Luckly for me, I did a lot of research prior to purchasing them and am very satisfied with those titles.  However, I did want more in depth sports games and this is where the chip saved me so much money... to me most of the games I've downloaded aren't worth the disc they're burnt on.   However, if there's a game I really like (e.g MOHH2) then I'll purchase it (I like having the case and paperwork).

I was wondering who has a chip and do you use it just for the purpose of pirating and do you purchase the games you like.

Check out my games for sale eBay and Toycatacomb

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

Around the Network

well i was looking in to doing it,but im not sure i will,i dont really need it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

i dont have a Wii and if i did i would pirate every game in existence

EDITED: If the PS3 could be modded i wouldnt pirate the games for that because they are worth the money, pluss sony needs the money after selling the ps3 at a loss

also nintendo will try to do somthing to block those wiis,like ex through updates

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

@obieslut, by your logic lair is worth £40 but super mario galaxy is not worth a penny?

i know some wii games are worthless just like lair but saying all wii games are not worth a purchase is fanboyish of you

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434