By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite games of 2007 so far

well if twilight princess doesnt count than its godfather blackhand edition. perfect example of how wii controls can be implemented

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary

Around the Network

Why hasn't Okami sold over one million copies yet? That game is awesome. It's like travelling in a water painting, and it's Sony's answer to Zelda.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Why hasn't Okami sold over one million copies yet? That game is awesome. It's like travelling in a water painting, and it's Sony's answer to Zelda.

Correction: It's CAPCOM's answer to Zelda, and since Capcom has developed another Zelda game in the past (minish cap) they knew how to make one good.  The truth is Okami IS a Zelda game.  Not the best Zelda game (would have been much better if it was harder and didn't have those dumb battle circle things for encounters in the world), but it sticks to the exact same formula that Zelda does.  It's an amazing game though and it's too bad it's overlooked :(

Okami is better than Twilight Princess in my humble opinion. It really felt like something else. Like a breath of fresh air in games.

Also Zelda is not challenging either.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

twesterm said:
In no particular order:

Gears of War (360)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (Wii--I actually never got into the GC version)
Crackdown (360)
Elite Beat Agents (DS-- was that 2007?)
Dead Rising (360)

Dead Rising, EBA, Gears of War all 06.

Around the Network

Pokemon:"Hardest substance known to man" and Shadowrun are the only games that were released in 2007 that I play consistently...

ckmlb said:
Okami is better than Twilight Princess in my humble opinion. It really felt like something else. Like a breath of fresh air in games.

Also Zelda is not challenging either.

Meh, I didn't like it better than Twilight Princess.   As far as Zelda games go IMO:

Wind Waker > Ocarina of Time > Twilight Princess > A Link to the Past > Okami > Minish Cap > the rest (not that any of those are remotely bad). 

TP wasn't challenging as far as combat goes, but when it comes to puzzles it blew Okami away.  There were some really creative and ingenious puzzles in Twilight Princess.  The best thing about Okami was without a doubt the art, but the gameplay really took away from that experience for me :(

I'd love to see a sequel to Okami on the Wii or DS (allowing for much more variety of brush strokes) with better designed dungeons and no instanced combat.  

God of War II - PS2
Metal Gear Solid: POs - PSP
Motorstorm - PS3
Virtua Fighter 5 - PS3
Oblivion - PS3(I don't own a 360 and my comp couldn't handle it)
Calling All Cars - PS3(this is a long shot, but online is damn fun)
and who could forget Super Rub Dub

Like others, no order

Crackdown
Guitar Hero 2 - 360
Godfather - Wii
Super Paper Mario
Mario Party 8

Still Waiting for a great JRPG for 07

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Quantum-Tarantino said:
Like others, no order

Crackdown
Guitar Hero 2 - 360
Godfather - Wii
Super Paper Mario
Mario Party 8

Still Waiting for a great JRPG for 07

Rogue Galaxy and next month Persona 3 both on PS2.