By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - which will sell more gears of war 2 or gta 4 (360)

Gears 2.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

GTA 4 should handily outsell gears 2. Though I think gears 2 will outsell its predecessor significantly.

Gears 2, tho if it doesn't I think the people will still be a lot happier with their purchase than buying their copy of GTA4

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

That's a great question. Microsoft is obviously pushing Gears 2 hard, but GTA4 was pushed hard, too. GTA4 will probably have long legs, but so will Gears 2. The DLC for GTA4 will be out sometime, will Gears 2 have DLC? Lots of factors to consider.
I'll go with my gut and say Gears 2....but it'll be neck and neck.

Gears 2 will easily outsell GTA IV (360)

Around the Network

I think gta4 will sell more,

To think that this has become a question. GTA IV was supposed to be the biggest selling game of all time. GTA IV will outsell Gears of War 2. I do have to say that I was impressed by what I've seen of Gears of War 2 though. GTA appeals more to people that don't usually play games. They know the title and pick it up.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Gear 2 will challenge Halo 3, imho...so if we are talking only on the 360 (wouldn't make sense otherwise) then I'll go with GoW2...the game looks crazy...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Tigawoods said:

Gears 2, tho if it doesn't I think the people will still be a lot happier with their purchase than buying their copy of GTA4

Only if they are simpletons.

Gears 2!