By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ninja Gaiden sold more on the Xbox.

According to Vgchartz => http://vgchartz.com/japcomp.php?name1=Ninja+Gaiden&name2=Ninja+Gaiden+Sigma

NGS sold less than the orignal Ninja Gaiden ont the xbox.

Ninja Gaiden03/13/0449,24249,242 Ninja Gaiden Sigma06/16/0744,53144,531
I don't think it will sell less in it's total lifetime.
But it's strange because NG had a userbase of 440,727 Xbx and NGS has a userbase of 965,278 PS3s

[

Around the Network

for a remake to near match its original sales is pretty damn good.

is it strange that people that might have played it already don't want to play it again ?

Remakes sell less than the original. I agree this is pretty impressive, although there are other factors to take into account here.

Blue3 said:
for a remake to near match its original sales is pretty damn good.

is it strange that people that might have played it already don't want to play it again ?

I think his point is that the origional sales were on the Xbox which was all but insignificant in Japan. I can see more of the 1/2 mill Xbox owners buying the 360 over the PS3 so there shouldn't be much impact on Sigma's sales, though I'm just speculating here.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Remember, we are talking about an original xbox game in Japan here. I honestly expected NGS to slaughter the original in Japan - not worldwide though.

Around the Network

although the first week sales where higher on the xbox i expect the ps3 version to have better legs and to sell higher from now on than the xbox version did

The big question is if NG2, should be on X360, will sell in comparison to NGS and NG.

Didn't NG wind up with a mere 66k on the first Xbox? If so, NGS is going to blow way past that number.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.