By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Survey:

How many games need to appear on that console that YOU ARE WILLING TO BUY before you would buy a console that costs the below amounts?

A. $200.

B. $250.

C. $300.

D. $350.

E. $400.

F. $450.

G. $500. 

H. $550.

I. $600.

J. $650. 

Assume all games cost $50.

Please keep it civil and be honest!  And be as objective as you can.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

A. 1
B. 1
C. 2
D. 3
E. 3
F. 5
G. 6

Not buying anything at more than $500.

I have yet to buy a game for the PS3 except for PSN games.  I payed $650 for the PS3 and controller, so I guess that means 0 up to there.  Normally it would be 1, but I sold a PS3 and decide to keep this one. The caveat is that I know certain games will be available in the future.  Slight slump the last month so I've had time to play Odin Sphere on the PS2.  Warhawk, Calling All Cars, and  re-rental of Motorstorm have kept me busy, though.  Oh, and my permanent blockbuster rental of Oblivion of course...you get a free game rental every month with their online service.  It's a good combination with Gamefly, which hopefully will improve their shipping times.

Anyway, 0. 

Assuming all games are $50:
A. 4
B. 5
C. 6
D. 7
E. 8
F. 9
G. 10
H. 11
I. 12
J. 13

In order for me to justify getting a system I have to have enough games to equal the price. I don't necessarily get all the games but I do like having the choice in case the games I do get are bad.

I would have bought my PS3 if it retailed at $1000 so do i have to say all of the above.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Lol...  You're nutz XD ... You're one of those few millions who support Sony no matter what... Just like i do with Nintendo...

But 1000$?! Yeeash... U could've bought 4 Wii's for that! (If u can find em)...

But back on-topic: I buy everything 200-250$... Cause that's the pricepoint Nintendo releases it's consoles in (So they need 0 games)

Furthermore... I might get an X360 for 300$ (That's the premium version when it's lowered in price) But that's because of Halo, GoW, Too Human, Bioshock... So that's like 4-6 games.

Furthermore... I don't buy anything higher! Why?! Cause i have a life... I gotta buy other things!

THE NETHERLANDS

I built my PC from the ground up for approximately 2,000 dollars with gaming in mind, so I too fall outside most of this graph. I'd say "1 or 2" to almost all of these.

I don't own a PS3 though, by the way.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

A. $200. 1

B. $250. 1 (I bought a Wii bundle with Zelda and Excite Truck at 340 so I could solely play Twilight Princess, kinda stupid, huh?)

C. $300. 3

D. $350. 5

E. $400. Sorry, I have the money but I'm cheap. No way am I shelling out the cash at this price point.

F. $450.

G. $500.

H. $550.

I. $600.

J. $650.

I did buy a $1200 computer five years ago but I didn't have gaming entirely in mind. It was just my old computer at 64MB of RAM was so damn slow.

If they will provide a system with only one "game" (f*uck any girl you want in virtual reality with full and perfect senses stimulation) I'm going to pay much more than you've listed

Seriously. For me quality is much more important than quantity. 

A: 2
B: 3
C: 5
D: 7
E: too much. Obviously same answer for prices after this.

Once I reach E, I won't actually have enough money to buy all the games necessary to justify the console's cost, so I just won't purchase it.

That's at my current financial situation. I'm still in school currently and don't have a job. Next year I'll probably get a part time job and I'm hoping to get 5-10 grand from scholorships at the end of the year so my choices would be quite different then.