By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MAG already running in beta tests?

URNotE said:
i think theyre beta testing the online/servers not really the beta of the game

Perhaps but if they are going to release it in 2009 then they must develop it quite some time.

Around the Network

They're probably talking focus tests.

uh duuhhh but i expect it late 2009

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

twesterm said:

How?  They are talking about how they can run 256 players, and he says they are already running beta tests within the studio.  Did you watch the video?

Well if it's actual gameplay beta and stuff, then that would mean that Sony have stopped announcing games yeaaars away from release like they have in the past which some ppl in this forum talk about and hate.

Around the Network

maybe sony want to bemore like ninty and only announce games that are nearly completed,

Yakuzaice said:
twesterm said:

How?  They are talking about how they can run 256 players, and he says they are already running beta tests within the studio.  Did you watch the video?

I did not (slow connection at work so not going to bother), I had assumed the posts he never said beta but just play tests and the like.

axumblade said:
obieslut said:
maybe sony want to bemore like ninty and only announce games that are nearly completed,

I think that's the best strategy. Although at E3, I did get excited over certain titles when they showed up. They just need to realize that because they aren't Nintendo, they need to market the hell out of their new releases once they are almost done. Of course then again, playing devils advocate, they could purposely be delaying information on upcoming games because if they don't announce games then they don't have to worry about "delays" on the game because people don't know about it in the first place.

you have a valid point

twesterm said:
Yakuzaice said:
twesterm said:

I did not (slow connection at work so not going to bother), I had assumed the posts he never said beta but just play tests and the like.

He said the word "beta" in the interview, but it sounds to me more like he just used it to describe the internal games they have running.  It's not a beta in the traditional sense of the term.

Guerrilla has been running online matches for Killzone 2 quite some time now, and they still label their code as pre-alpha.

But in the end I think this game is much further along then many here give credit.  Afteall, this is all Zipper's been working on for almost two years.

If the game was anywhere close to that level of development, I imagine they would have had more to show at E3 than a prerendered trailer.