By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo PSP in Development; No Gran Turismo 5 Before 2010?

The title of this story sure is a mixed bag for Gran Turismo fans. Joystiq got to speak with the father of Gran Turismo, Kazunori Yamauchi, and he revealed that Polyphony Digital is focusing on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. He suggested that the proper version of Gran Turismo 5 might not be released before 2010, which somehow wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

Prologue should continue to see significant support, with new cars, tracks, and features. So there’s at least some consolation for GT fans.

But that’s not all — Yamauchi confirmed that Gran Turismo for PSP is still in development, although you shouldn’t expect that until after Gran Turismo 5 is released. So, yeah, it might be a while.

LINK:

http://news.filefront.com/e3-2008-gran-turismo-psp-in-development-no-gran-turismo-5-before-2010/

thought Gran Turismo PSP was going to be cancelled...this is a big relief for me a GRAN TURISMO fan(although it might come 2010)...i'm still happy :)

Around the Network

Gran Turismo PSP is going to be immensely popular in Europe, and should sell well in Japan as well (all those new buyers have to play something!). I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up as the PSP's best selling game.

@MontanaHatchet

yea i 100% agree
i wish it has some connectivity with GT5(PS3) through infrastructure mode,and hope it will feature online play...if it don't i will still fully support it by purchasing it(GT psp)

can't wait for this game and looking forward to GT5

first of all it won't be on psp. if gran turismo 5 will come in 2010 then psp version should hit the market in 2011 or sony will halt it until psp2 launch(after all psp 2 will hit the market in 2012-2013) cause i think that sony will make gran turismo psp as a launch title for psp2. it's the only way cause right now GT psp won't sell any handheld probably and by releasing GT psp with psp2 sony will sell psp2s like hotcakes(and definitely faster than before) and will be really able to compete with nintendo. plus thanks to that developers will actually make some games for psp.

too bad i sell my psp .... but i will get a new one when GT come.

Around the Network
NNN2004 said:
too bad i sell my psp .... but i will get a new one when GT come.

you still have 2 years.. hurry!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive