By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Also so tired of playing GT5P.......

..well hopefully for you Kazunori Yamauchi is not joking around and will give you a reason to pick up your copy of GT5P this fall again:

Earlier in the year, Polyphony Digital founder Kazunori Yamauchi (now of GT:TV fame, Top Gear next) mentioned that “maybe by Fall we’ll be able to implement it [ie. damage modeling],” and confirming that it would be included as a patch to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Their plans haven’t changed.

In an E3 interview with IGN, Kazunori reiterates that they are still working on implementing damage, but joking saying that, being Gran Turismo, “it might be a little bit late.”

The PD team are certainly perfectionists and this fact could reflect on the full release of Gran Turismo 5, which Kazunori says could come as late as 2010;

Of course after this next update, we’re going to have another update later on in the year. There’s no plans in the works for GT5 yet - that might be 2009, or it might be 2010… But we’re totally focused on getting the updates through for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and that’s all we’re focused on.
http://www.ripten.com/2008/07/18/gt5p-damage-modeling-still-in-the-works/

Around the Network

This should help, though they certainly need to add more tracks

i'd rather they only did one update that helped with the online racing and damage modelling and then started making the full game

While they are making a patch for the damage they should also remove the restriction that says i need to get all S class events to unlock the F1 car. I got the cash, i just want the F*cking car. They should also allow you to have more then 2mil cash, since the real game might be 2years away.

^ Agreed. Nürburg-Ring would be nice. Maybe some better customization options as long as it doesn't push GT5 beyond 2009. The end of 2009 could be very expensive with GoW 3 and GT5.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

Nice

well the are improving the general engine for GT5. Everything you see in GT5P will be transferred over and improved on the final engine. Heck GT5P's final update could be the final GT5 engine.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Sigh, I'm beginning to think we'll only see one full game this gen.

Another track, and photo mode would be nice.

PSN - hanafuda

I'm not into racing games, so I'm not interested in GT5:P, although I might buy GT5 when it comes out sometime in 2020.