By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Brawl, character predictions.

A little of topic, but here in Sweden brawl is scheduled for October 29 release by EBgames

Around the Network
Parokki said:
naznatips said:
No, Sakurai did state in a Q and A officially that there WOULD BE NO CLONES. He meant moves though. That doesn't mean Falco isn't returning, it just means he won't have the same moves.

Got a source on that? As in article/transcript about the Q&A session? I've been following any and all news about this game extremely closely, and looks to me like this is another one of those "I heard from a friend's friend's cousin's grandpa" rumours. I totally agree with you that they're probably either removing clone characters or giving them original movesets, but this hasn't been confirmed anywhere.

Smaschu: Could you try cutting out some of the text from the quote field the next time? You just posted something like 70 lines of quoted text and 4 lines of your own.

Sorry, I feel like such a nag for bitching at the both of you. ^^

I can't find the original source, from all accounts it was a post on the old smashbrosdojo site.  Which doesn't exist anyomre.  Obviously, without a source it should be taken with a grain of salt at the very least.

Still, some anecdotal evidence:  Sakurai did state after the release of Melee that cloned moves were only included due to a rush to get the game out.  Super Smash Bros. Brawl has had much more time and money in it's development, so if they weren't even going to include it in the first place last time what are the chances of them including it this time with more time and money?

gorgepir said:
A little of topic, but here in Sweden brawl is scheduled for October 29 release by EBgames

Online stores always make up release dates, even when they have no idea when the game will be released. People are more likely to preorder from a store with a totally imaginary date, rather than one that admits it doesn't know. The internet would've exploded seven times over if there was a set release date yet, trust me. ^^

Totally agree with you naznatips.

Parokki said:
gorgepir said:

Online stores always make up release dates, even when they have no idea when the game will be released. People are more likely to preorder from a store with a totally imaginary date, rather than one that admits it doesn't know. The internet would've exploded seven times over if there was a set release date yet, trust me. ^^

Totally agree with you naznatips.

It was not an online store, I went to the store in person. I pre-ordered before their date announcement, they called and told me they would have it october 29. that's just what they told me, I am not responible if it is wrong.

They make up dates in-store too.

Though they may be well informed and October 29 could very well end up being the date, it is not official at all, and so if by E3 or August they decide to "delay" it into early November, don't be surprised. It's best for them not to give out any dates for a while, so that they can easily push it back without the public getting annoyed.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
Parokki said:
naznatips said:
No, Sakurai did state in a Q and A officially that there WOULD BE NO CLONES. He meant moves though. That doesn't mean Falco isn't returning, it just means he won't have the same moves.

Got a source on that? As in article/transcript about the Q&A session? I've been following any and all news about this game extremely closely, and looks to me like this is another one of those "I heard from a friend's friend's cousin's grandpa" rumours. I totally agree with you that they're probably either removing clone characters or giving them original movesets, but this hasn't been confirmed anywhere.

Smaschu: Could you try cutting out some of the text from the quote field the next time? You just posted something like 70 lines of quoted text and 4 lines of your own.

Sorry, I feel like such a nag for bitching at the both of you. ^^ 

First off, don't worry about nagging. I did go back and edit the post.

Now, you are right. He never said the clones were gone, but it's implied. The clones exist only to push more characters, and some(like Dr. Mario) are mindless and will be dumbed(watch me be wrong though). I assum there will be no more clone, but by that i mean there wi;; be no more clone and the clone character could come back. He also mentions that he'll try his best but getting 26 characters was hard. Luckily, all the old characters, beyond a normal cosmetic change, seem to emain the same, so I beleive it's safe to say there will be more characters. I assum 30-35.