By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "exactly where we expected to be"

Goddbless said:
Dno said:
kowenicki said:
Dgc1808 said:
I think SONY's games are more appealing in the public than MS's games, but that also goes with the company's appearance to the mass market, which sony beats ms in aswell. But nintendo has really pulled out the stops to appeal to the mass market if you ask me...

That makes no sense. It's the kind of thing I always hear on this site... "Sony is the most respected" and "the PS3 is the best hardware with the best games"... if that was believed by the "mass market" as you put it... then it would be walking this race by now.

Simple fact is.. the "mass market" doesnt display brand loyalty in the way people on here do... the "mass market" goes where the value and hype is. In the US that is Wii and 360 right now.

it is walking this race over M$ WW.

Hasnt sony been selling more then M$ for more months then M$ has in the USA? if not its very close with no price drop and M$ has had one.

If thats the case then M$ would be walking all over sony and its clearly not.

Excuse me but didn't the PS3 have a few price drops already or am I on the crazy juice!?

yes but unlike M$ sonys price drop made them go from selling in 3rd to making sure that they will be in 2nd place this gen. lol

M$ had the lastest price drop sony had one about a year ago...

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Even if this was where they expected to be in terms of sales (which I doubt), they certainly didn't expect the massive monetary losses, price cuts, SCE downsizing and losing almost all 3rd party exclusives.

PS3 isn't doing bad in sales (although it will of course never be at the level of a winning console), but that came at a hefty price to SCE and the Playstation brand.

They're definitely borrowing a lot from the future.  Losing exclusivity of both the Grand Theft Auto and Final Fantasy series is huge, and they've lost other series exclusivity also.

That will hurt sales the next time around.

PS3 is going well, it will average 10m a year for 2007-2017 (10 year life cycle) and sell almost dead on 100m

never....ever....bet against playstation

NJ5 said:
Final-Fan said:

Isn't it getting a little old to mock Sony for not having another PS2 success whenever they get optimistic about anything nowadays? I mean, maybe they were talking about being where they expected to be from what they planned at the start of THIS YEAR.

On the other hand, I approve of asking why the PS2 is "hitting its stride" in terms of long-term opportunity now that it's a wheezing geriatric.  I mean, it's like hearing a 70-year-old talk about how he's on schedule to retire in 20 years. 

Mocking PR people for their lies and spin never gets old, they're fair game as far as I'm concerned.

I think you might have missed my point.  I think at this point we can talk about the PS3 without someone saying "got its ass kicked by the Wii, lol".  Even the PR hacks.  That doesn't mean I'm against calling them on crazy spin.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!