By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - N'Gai if you liked Indigo Prophecy, you'll love Heavy Rain

ok,,,heavy rain has been shown behind the doors to press.

"Heavy Rain demo next. Alas, it is under NDA, so no identifying details will be tweeted."

"Heavy Rain wowed the crowd. Hate to be a tease, but we can't say more other than if you liked Indigo Prophecy, you'll *love* this."

http://twitter.com/ncroal

I have never played indigo prophecy,,,what is it ?what genre is it?is it any good?

Around the Network

Hope this gets shown at Leipzig. Indigo prophecy is an adventure/mystery/horror thing.

was the game any good?

Non-vaporware confirmed o_0?

I haven't played Indigo Prophecy though I should probably rent it and check it out.

^^^ yea it has been showed under NDA

I wonder why didn't they just show it on the floor

Around the Network

http://kotaku.com/366150/new-heavy-rain-details-spilled-lapped-up

From Kotaku

New Heavy Rain Details Spilled, Lapped Up

While most of us in North America don't read the Dutch magazine Chief, one of our readers abroad pointed out that they'd run a major exclusive on upcoming Quantic Dream/Sony title Heavy Rain. (You know Quantic Dream as the company behind Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, and you know Heavy Rain from my fanboy obsession).

Reader Saimon was kind enough to translate some of the more enticing statements about the title made by Quantic Dream's founder David Cage. And we were kind enough to copy and paste the translations after the jump.

On Locations:
"I don't want to do a big free-roaming city like GTA, because the flow of the story will then be hard to control. Nevertheless, I do want to incorporate big sets, with a crowd, heavy populated areas like a mall and a subway are going to be in there. Of course, the gameplay has got to make use of that aspect too."

On Graphics:
"People will be surprised. Internal (Sony's) feedback on graphics has been great. This is going to be a truly next-gen game. But still, we want to do something unique with the graphics, going beyond just making the most photorealistic world we can."

On Gameplay:
"With the release of Fahrenheit, we gave the adventure genre a new grammar. We brought new ways into the genre, new words if you want to see it like that, a new vocabulaire. With Heavy Rain, where going to expand on that same grammar."

On Story:
"Heavy Rain is about normal people that have landed in extraordinary situations. I wanted a much more personal story. The first thing that came to my mind, as a father of two little boys, was that the main theme should simply be a father's love for his son. This is not a game about saving the princess or the world. Its purely about a father's love."

"The main story will revolve around 4 different characters, and we're putting the spotlight on their perceptions. The question 'what is good and what is evil' is the key here, that will be just a matter of viewpoint...I believe heavily in moral choices, I'm going to use them A LOT. They're not about being good or bad, but about finding the right balance."

So far, so good. Thanks to Saimon for all the hard work on this one.

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I LOVED Fahrenheit. It would be kind of ironic if I liked a game that I've been making fun for so many years

saving something for leipzig i guess. I am worried about leipzig, tgs what if microsoft gets their hands on versus? THen we will never see what square can do with the ps3.

It's one of my favorite games. I'll admit, though, that it's an acquired taste. It didn't do to hot salewise. But it's definitely unique. It's definitely worth a playthrough.
You play a man who killed someone in a restaurant bathroom and doesn't know why. You also play as the two cops persuing him. The characters in this game are particularly strong, IMO. Edit: I'm talking about Indigo Prophecy, obviously...answering a question from above.

SpartanFX said:
was the game any good?

It was great in the first 66% of the game, but then it turned into a teabag full of crap mixed with penis sauce in the last 33%.

In all, Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy was a good Adventure game.

I just wish they would release soon some info about Omikron 2.