By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What are some key features that should be in the next Playstation?

Im guessing 200G wont be anywhere near big enought and it wouldnt surprise me by the end of this gen there being a 200+gig PS3 let alone what the PS4 will have.

Around the Network

I want the PS4 to be able to force rival consoles into hardware faliure at will.

Priced $300 or under.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Built in grill

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Cell
Blu-ray
Updated controller (I just want them to switch the left analog stick for the D-Pad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network
Snake612 said:

Here are some key features that should be in the next Playstation:

1) Updated Playstation Network

2) A New TV & Video delivery service that gives you the chance to subscribe for tv networks like Fox, Disney, CBS, NBC like IO digital cable.

3) Beyond high def graphics.

4) more in depth and virtual gaming

5) online service that supports play online with people from more than 20 countries

6) 200 GB

7) Bluray ( of course)

If that sounds crazy, give me your ideas.

The next PS won't be for 5-6 years... I want a much bigger HD then 200 Gig (right now I can buy a 320 Gig for $99).

The minimum should be 500.

I want:

500+ Gig 7200 rpm drive

two or three Cell's, with much more ram

Whatever the video card of the day is, with a lot of ram

A lot of ram

Oh, and in case I forgot to mention it... I would like to see more ram.

Munkeh111 said:
marciosmg said:
Eliminate Region-locking all together. I know it´s nearly impossible, but I want it.

They only have it for movies, though they allow you to download other content from foreign PS stores, which I think is pretty nice from Sony

anyway, it needs BC, a 6 disc changer, and to be bundled with FF XIV

I think the possible time for such a thing has come and gone. The PS4 will have a TON of hard drive space,(like 1TB). 

• It will probably use a SSD as they are already being implemented into some computers. I expect microsofts console to do the same. 

All PS1,2,3 games will be able to be copied from the disc, and saved onto the SSD, as well as being available on the PS store.

All PS4 games will be available through the PSstore, and even though the revolutionary idea of not releasing game discs at all is forward thinking.. it won't work.

They will need to have some form of disc for PS4 games. If the hardware specs are anywhere close to being utilized at the levels you people are suggesting, (8 gigs ram.. 4 cores) then I expect a combo drive that plays everything the PS3 plays, as well as the format that PS4 games, (not movies) will be on..

• Which will most likely be HVD's

Blu-Ray's will remain as the HDmovie physical storage medium.

I also expect some form/combination of one of the following technologies to be implemented into every PS4 game which will be the reason to choose a PS4 over other competing consoles:

• The Draw of the PS4: IDT

I fully expect at least one of the next consoles to integrate a hybrid design of the aforementioned tech's.

What do you guys think?

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Well, the grill should actually open this time...............

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

It will own all

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

A much lower price

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E