By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii a "expensive niche game device" confirmed!!

CE-Oh no he didn't! Part LVII: Howard Stringer says the Wii is not 'a competitor'

Further confirming his utter disconnect from reality, Sony head Howard Stringer referred to Nintendo's market-dominating Wii as an "expensive niche game device." Previous to making that statement, Stringer bafflingly said, "I've played a Nintendo Wii, I don't see it as a competitor." Now look -- we're not saying you're in some kind of CEO super-denial, but all signs point to the possibility that you should probably consider the Wii a competitor (since it is... well... a competing system and platform), and perhaps recognize that "niche" is typically not synonymous with "best selling." Of course, you're the guy running Sony, we're just watching the crackup from the sidelines.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/15/ce-oh-no-he-didnt-part-lvii-howard-stringer-says-the-wii-is-n/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahahahahahha..... What do you think?? Do you agree??

Around the Network

old and posted already. Thanks anyway

yeah its been posted, but good thing they got FF13 taken away from them lol jk

Old... next please.

Still good for a laugh though. Stringer isn't on planet Earth. LOL.

Around the Network

In related news, Sony announced today that the iPod was an expensive niche device and it wasn't in competition with their Mini-disc players.

@HappySqurriel: Nice one!!

Delusion: 4.Psychiatry. a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

lol..isn't niche: something really small..only for the nerds/extremists?

sounds like PS360 to me

Hello Last week!