By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sold in japan, Folks Soul bombs hard...

A shame I missed out on those bbs games. Closest I ever came to playing that type of game was a text based game at bbs.mircx.com. Long since been closed down but it was browers text based and sounds very similar to what you all described. You only really could do so much per day. So you played every day killing your alotment of monsters and gaining exp. Visiting town and buying equipment etcetra. In the end reaching your max level and killing a boss. From which point you could start over if you liked from the start with a new class. Good times. I miss having that to look forward to at work everyday. Really helped break the monotony during the day.

Around the Network
y-koron said:

It's correct numbers.

Additionally, Zelda is released tomorrow.

Are the first day numbers for Zelda known already?

koffieboon said:
y-koron said:

It's correct numbers.

Additionally, Zelda is released tomorrow.

Are the first day numbers for Zelda known already?

Not yet.

But as far as I hear, Zelda is sold well. In some shops, It has been sold-out.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

the fact that this thread is still going.. this hard has proved alot of things..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

DarkNight_DS said:
shams said:...

I can assure you Shams that, THAT was not a bug. It was purposefully setup that way so that anyone entering into the game would see that you killed the Dragon. Your name was highlighted on the list of Dragon Slayers and you were to be honoured for that day.

Sure, I understand that... but the whole point of my 'exercise' was to get my name appearing TWICE in one day for the slaying... and it never happened :((

Such is life...

PS - love to see some Zelda sales figures when available. Anyone know how big the shipment was? Hoping for 500k as a minimum...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
shams said:

Hoping for 500k as a minimum...

Why?

PSN - hanafuda

shams said:

Anyone know how big the shipment was?

Probably about 350~400k.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Never played L.O.R.D, but I was a devout follower of Realms of Despair. I actually tried playing RoD again recently, but it just wasn't the same lol. Same small hardcore players, but the feel changes after playing some MMO's like everquest and WoW.

As for the difference in view point compared to age, I think there is some merit, though not really age. More like the Nintendo generation is clashing with the Playstation generation (note, I don't mean nintendo fans and ps fans, just those people who grew up playing games in Nintendo's dominant years, compared to those growing up playing games in the Sony years). I think its hard for some of these newer gamers to understand having fun when the graphics were so bad (and in some cases such as MUD's, no graphics at all). Hell, if I started my online gaming playing WoW, I doubt I'd take a second glance at a MUD...

edit:  I guess we should include the Atari generation too, since they beat out everyone else on playing games that need more than a little imagination to figure out what those 8 bit coloured globs actually represented.  Anyone here play the popcorn game on atari?  Oh god, now there was a pointless game that I spent wayyyy to much time playing.

I got me a Zelda PH!! Well have to wait for a week or so before it gets here....bummer...still haven't got my harvest moon wii version in which I've ordered 2 weeks ago :(

I'm also looking forward to the sales of Zelda PH. Would be odd to see the game outselling TP in the very first week :D

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

WiiGirl76 said:
I got me a Zelda PH!! Well have to wait for a week or so before it gets here....bummer...still haven't got my harvest moon wii version in which I've ordered 2 weeks ago :(

I'm also looking forward to the sales of Zelda PH. Would be odd to see the game outselling TP in the very first week :D
DS games outsold home console games most of the time these days so it's not really "odd" if you ask me.
Just compare the user base of Wii and user base of DS/DS Lite