By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5.... coming in 2010?

KZ2 is rumored to have development costs of over 60 million dollars.
GTA 4 development costs were well over 100 million dollars.
GT 5 development costs could be well over 70 million dollars. Longer the development the more the development costs.

Around the Network

Another idea - they should launch the game without the highest level of car, and patch them in later...like the Class A cars that take a while to get up to...or something something...Im bored..I wanna leave work early..

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

Well this is a bitter disappointment if true. The game is going to be amazing but at this distance that isn't so much of a consolation as it is salt in the wound. I just want to play GT5! I'd give up everything announced in between just to have it tomorrow.

Oh and this has nothing to do with userbase, I'm pretty sure GT3 released to a userbase smaller than the PS3's current userbase. This is all about an obsessive attention to quality in quantity.

The game should not at all be reduced in size either, one of the reasons GT is so great is that the single-player game is so huge (GT4 takes 3-400 hours to make 100%). It needs the masive number of cars and tracks to sustain this. I don't believe in watering down the quality to get the game out of the door.

Still, this is painful.

i think the longer it takes, the less hyped up it will be. By 2010, there will be other games that will catch up to GT5 in terms of Graphical Quality. Additionally, by then the novelty of HD graphics will wear off (as all games will be in HD).

Hardcore GT fans will pick it up by then of course (and there are a lot of them) , but what about casual Console owner guy who already owns Forza 3 or whatever? Does he want to invest another 60 bucks into another Racing game that looks marginally better than Forza 3?

2010! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

i need Gran Turismo 5 by next year! prologue is not enough

Around the Network

From wiki:

n an April 2008 interview, Kazunori Yamauchi revealed that 150 people had worked on Gran Turismo 5 for four years, with all of Polyphony Digital's 120 employees working on GT5, and the game costing 50 times more to develop than the original Gran Turismo.[1] He also confessed that GT5 might not be released until after 2009.[1]

I figure most of the work now is securing liscenses and drawing in those stupid cars. The game engine itself probably won't change too much from Prologue.

I say release it with like 500 cars now, and then just continue adding new cars as free DLC into the game.

Every1 stop bitching jeez, look what happens when things are rushed ( Alone in the Dark anyone)

blazinhead89 said:
Every1 stop bitching jeez, look what happens when things are rushed ( Alone in the Dark anyone)

There's a difference between rushed and too large of a scope.

either way gt5 will be the greatest driving sim made. and sales will rocket for this game - no less than 10 million

in the meantime we have much more content to look forward to for prologue.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

eliasg said:
so FORZA 2 AND FORZA 3 before Grand Turismo...

You are so pathetic SONY...

i laugh at your idiotic mind.

compare forza to gran turismo, without laughing your ass off