By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Network Help

i tried that and it didnt talk to my box, teh little ligth was one but nothing was going ne, and teh box should the link ligth but no talking to each other

Around the Network

You have two options...

1) If there is a second network card in the PC bridge / share the connection.
2) Buy a cheap 4 port network switch, and plug your network connection to the wall, the pc, and the 360 into it.

I like option 2 more because it gives better overall performance and the PC would not have to be on to give your 360 access to the internet.

You may hasve to assign a static ip to the cards or instead of just creating a bridge, run the internet connection sharing wizard.

well i am getting my wife somethign nice

heres how it went down

last night i coudldnt get it to work and i was pretty bummed...fast worward to this morning

i work for a software company that houses a tech support department and we can make our own cables and such....so i am having the tec guys throw together a ether net cable (30' for 3.95) and i will just run it from one room to the next when i need to get online...not teh best solution but it will work fine for now....

so i email my wife to tell her the good news and she responds that she has a surprise for me.....she has gone and ordered me a wifi adapter for the box....i love that woman

thanks a bunch guys for your help and if tonight you fancy a game of halo3 i will be on as MesoZombie.....i am a bit rusty but i can still kick in some balls