By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Take on the Wii Motion Plus

Well as many, if not all, of you know, Nintendo unveiled their new add-on, the Motion Plus. It will enable 1:1 movement, meaning real-time game interaction.

Now, it wasn't long before Nintendo got bashed by many, saying that this add-on was useless because it did little to no difference than what the Wii Remote already does.

Now, remember how much bashing the Wii Remote got when the WIi came out? saying the controls were very useless, innacurate and were "nonesense" when it came to games? Well, what game came out with the controller? Wii Sorts ofcourse.

Now, maybe you already understand what I mean, maybe not:

Wii Sports was like a `gate` to show what the Wii Remote was capable of BASICALLY.

Wii Motion Plus, releasing with Wii Sports Resort, is going to be the same thing. It will show us what it's capable of and later development will only make it stronger, helping future games use this is add-on as their basis for games.

This is why I also believe future Wii Remotes will have this integrated into themselves, relieveing them of the Wii Motion Plus and having the same 1:1 motion in their remotes.

Now, here's where I have some questions: If this happens (this being all future Wii Remotes having this enabled without the accessory), then will the add-on be sold separately or with Wii Sports Resorts? Because I see two scenarios:

1. IF IT DOES COME WITH THE GAME: Then it will only be for a limited time, seeing as if future remotes will have this integrated, then what would be the point of buying this game WITH the add-on if my remote will already have this tech?

2. IF IT DOESN'T COME WITH THE GAME: Then it will obviously be sold separetly for X price and the game won't be much expensive either, seeing as it requires an add-on to play it right.

This is all based on the fact that the add-on is NEEDED for the game, not like StarFox 64 having the Rumble Pak, which wasn't needed, just made it more fun.

Now, I see a third scenario: Two versions of the game, one with and one without the add-on. The one WITH, for those players with a normal Wii Remote and the one without for those who have the Wii Remote with Wii Motion Plus already integrated into them.

Now, this is just looking way ahead into the game and taking what Miyamoto said about a "possibility" offuture Remotes getting released with this technology enabled into them.

This is a topic for opinion! Tell me what you think will be of this game, future remotes and how they will deal with this!

They want future games to be based on this new 1:1 motion controls, so they must take drastic measures.

P.S. See the problem with not releasing something with the console at launch? Reason to why I believe MS didn't show any motion control of theirs, it there was any.

DISCUSS!

Around the Network

The game IS being packaged with Wii Sports Resort.

Here is what I think: It will always be packaged with the game and the Wii Motion Plus's tech will never be added to the Wii-mote.

I know it's coming with the game, I'm talking about IF and only if the future motes come with this integrated.

You say it never will despite Miyamoto stating a possibility? I mean, if they want developers to focus on games BASED on this 1:1 movement, wouldn't you want to have as many Wii Remotes with this as you possibly could? I know I would, and wwhat better way than to include this tech in future remotes? Or perhaps... The add-on inside the Wii box, once you buy the console?