By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Whatever happened to Wipeout HD?

I was expecting to hear from Wipeout HD at E3, but it's been on hiatus for a while now. How hard could it be making an HD update of PSP games? I was really looking forward to it. Were any of you guys?

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

I dunno, but I'm so picking it up when it comes out :D It looks friggin awesome ^_^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

It still exists! But for some undisclosed reason, it's had mysterious technical issues. We'll probably see it by the end of the year. Link:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/17/wipeout-hd-due-before-the-end-of-the-year/

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Well i wondered if maybe it's been pushed back in order to make room for Fatal Inertia EX which is similar and can also only be purchased on PSN, and which is already out on 360 making an even later release unfeasible I suppose. It's annoying, Wipeout's the one I want.

hmm im not so sure why they havent shown anything

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"