By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fact Checking Sony's E3 Presser

This article isn't really fact checking, it's more of an opinion piece on the facts.

Around the Network
senseinobaka said:
The only false claim Jack made was when he used magic math to say that 1.8M PS3's + 1.6M PSP's + 1.5M PS2's equaled close to 5 Billion consoles moved so far.

I think we can all assume he mispoke there. There's no way he thinks they've sold 5 billion consoles. Heck, a report a few weeks back said that only one billion personal computers exist in the entire world.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Retrasado said:
senseinobaka said:
The only false claim Jack made was when he used magic math to say that 1.8M PS3's + 1.6M PSP's + 1.5M PS2's equaled close to 5 Billion consoles moved so far.

I think we can all assume he mispoke there. There's no way he thinks they've sold 5 billion consoles. Heck, a report a few weeks back said that only one billion personal computers exist in the entire world.

Yea, I know he mispoke. It was pretty funny. Cammie also mispoke during the Nintendo Conference by saying: "Welcome me in Joining [Reggie I think] to the stage." Pretty funny.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Words Of Wisdom said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Sony's Claims are all true.

How about yesterday's E3 claim that they were on track to sell 5 billion PS3s?

Lol! Touche, but I think that was a tounge that tripped on a knot.

They all look fine to me (VGC for point 1, commone sense for point 2, Kojima for point 4, not that it is a particularly impressive quote)

The only one that seems doubtful is the downloads one, but then singstar was just released in Europe in June, so perhaps it is not so high.

Around the Network

Sounds like Kotaku need a bit of fact checking themselves. Why don't they actually boot up singstar and check how many tracks there are. Around 200. WRONG. I can buy 329 english language songs. That doesn't even count the french, spanish, german etc... tracks.

Yes

I don't see why any of those claims wouldn't be true. The only question I'd have is when they claimed those hardware sales (obviously sales to retailers) were for the US, do the figures actually also include Canada? I'd expect them to include Canada too, but he didn't say North America.

Seems like a pretty pointless article to me, but it's Kotaku, so not unexpected.