By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Goodbye Backwards Compatibility Forever (PS3)

Guess anyone who want's a BC ps3 should get one now. Am quite happy with my 80GB Motorstorm PS3 [hate motorstorm though LOL]

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Thank God for the 60gb. I tend to only use one console so I'm so happy I was an early adopter! I think Sony will probably bring BC back to the EU before NA. It seems like they're conceding the NA market to M$

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Well, if 100+ new games are coming to the PS2 in the future, they have to give people a reason to buy it right? So, they're making the PS2 the only alternative, instead of the PS3 being backwards compatible.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Pristine20 said:
Thank God for the 60gb. I tend to only use one console so I'm so happy I was an early adopter! I think Sony will probably bring BC back to the EU before NA. It seems like they're conceding the NA market to M$

Why do you think so? Sony tends to treat US market better, even if EU is the strongest PS3 region.

next year will be the PS2's 10th year so they getting ready to close up shop on Ps2. I can bet good money that the Day PS2 out of production that Ps3 will have a price drop. The old slingshot move, let Ps2 offset Ps3 losses till Ps3 is ready to dominate or attempt to dominate.

Around the Network
shams said:
Sony wants PS3 owners to buy PS3 games. Its pretty simple. And if you want PS2 games - buy a PS2. More money for them.

Close.. my theory is that Sony will announce PS1/PS2 games available of PSN for a low low price of $15

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Oh noes! I cant afford a used PS2 for like $20! Whut will I do?

I bet Sony will bring back BC when they release a PS3 slim version sometime in late '09 or mid '10. Right about then is when the PS2 will probably cease production.

Wow, I'm glad I snatched up an 80 gig MGS4 bundle while I could...

@ Leetgeek... don't be silly. I want a BC PS3 so that I don't have yet another console, power brick, cables, and such to deal with. My TV has a lot of digital inputs but only 2 component ones and they are occupied. With my PS2, I had to swap back and forth between the Wii and the PS2. It got really old and the Wii won. Also, the upscaling and smoothing features the PS3 offers for BC makes PS2 games actually look quite noticeably better.

I've now spent more time playing PS2 games on my PS3 than I have PS3 games... I haven't yet played Champions of Norrath and Shadow of the Colossus. They are up next. MGS4 has been parked for a bit as I couldn't get into it.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

SpartanFX said:
^^^^or the video store is opening from tonight and the only way people would consider buying movies from store is directly related to HDD size.

Except it was for rental only that store... wasn't it?  I'll have to find a used 20 gig or 60 gig kicking around when i buy mine.  Cause i'll want to be playing my PS2 games 10 years from now.... and that just isn't going to happen with PS2s.