By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There will be crticisms of FFXIII on the 360

Pristine20 said:
mrstickball said:
alucardremixed said:
Even though it was a pure WTF moment for the last few minutes of Microsofts press conference, i will critisize. This game will have more than one DVD RPG's Like Lost Odyssey ( 3 DVD's ) and Blue Dragon ( 4 DVD's ) had more than one disc. Good luck for 360 users juggling them throughout the gameplay, while it will be on one blu ray for the PS3. Sure we have to install, but possibly just Once, unless they pull off another MGS4 "3 minute install/act" Then that will suck. Regular scratchable DvD Remember that time when your little 12 year old brther dropped all your games, the discs popping out, skidding on the floor, picking up every souveneir your unpolished floor has to offer? Oh wait, my games were blu ray, with protective coating :) Noticeable longer load times? Maybe, microsoft will be offering the option to install your whole game on to the hard drive for a faster read, but 'till then, we have the upperhand. Check http://www.majornelson.com see if you can find it. will Update thread in 2010

1. Lost Odyssey is 4 DVDs, Blue Dragon is 3. You might want to know these things before critizing.

2. Microsoft won't "Maybe" allow installs of XIII onto the 360. It's a universal option for ALL games.

Because of that, it negates your disc scratching, load issues, and disc changing arguments all together.

Enjoy your Final Fantasy XIII, because I will be enjoying FFXIII AND Star Ocean 4, AND Tales of Vesperia, AND Infinite Undiscovery.

And

And

And

Other RPGs that PS3 fans cannot own :)

Like what? Your list seems to have run out

Can you guys play Persona 4 too?

Can your 40gb ps3 play Persona 4?

Around the Network
alucardremixed said:
@Dirtyp2002
All right bet, but in 2010, but you have to individually open and close the disc tray for every 30 disc, You said it.

@Soriku
Installs are OK unless its like MGS4 every act install, that pissed me off, though the cutscenes was well worth it :) I just prefer organization with one BD, instead of multiple discs.

@ymeaga1n
I'm a troll? Critisizing MGS4 multi-installs was my reflective on having multiple discs. Re-read my post, then explain

Supporting the PS brand has become synonymous with trolling. I won't be too worried if it didn't come as a warning from a mod.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
alucardremixed said:
@Dirtyp2002
All right bet, but in 2010, but you have to individually open and close the disc tray for every 30 disc, You said it.

@Soriku
Installs are OK unless its like MGS4 every act install, that pissed me off, though the cutscenes was well worth it :) I just prefer organization with one BD, instead of multiple discs.

@ymeaga1n
I'm a troll? Critisizing MGS4 multi-installs was my reflective on having multiple discs. Re-read my post, then explain

Supporting the PS brand has become synonymous with trolling. I won't be too worried if it didn't come as a warning from a mod.

LOL, the Lord have mercy on you poor martyrs! If this is true, there might be a good reason for it.

misterd said:
Are you sure you're not the 12 year old little brother with a case of the fumbles? Disk swapping is, at most, a very minor inconvenience. And XBox is allowing gamers to DL all their games to the hard drive now, so, unless someone was dumb enough to buy the Core/Arcade system, there's a good chance that there won't be any need to do any disk swapping.

Please try again.

No i'm not the twelve year old, but i am getting old :( I wasn't only pertaining to disc swapping, but also the fact of having a game split up in multiple discs. Having to keep an eye on more than one disc to play a game won't annoy you? While you are right the 360 will probably have that option to install games to the hard disc drive, your going to still have to have the game inside the disc tray, to confirm ownership. Still required to "Swap Discs"

badgenome said:
Pristine20 said:
alucardremixed said:
@Dirtyp2002

@Soriku

@ymeaga1n

LOL, the Lord have mercy on you poor martyrs! If this is true, there might be a good reason for it.

Ehhhhhhhh........the religious themes don't fit........

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
mrstickball said:
alucardremixed said:
Even though it was a pure WTF moment for the last few minutes of Microsofts press conference, i will critisize. This game will have more than one DVD RPG's Like Lost Odyssey ( 3 DVD's ) and Blue Dragon ( 4 DVD's ) had more than one disc. Good luck for 360 users juggling them throughout the gameplay, while it will be on one blu ray for the PS3. Sure we have to install, but possibly just Once, unless they pull off another MGS4 "3 minute install/act" Then that will suck. Regular scratchable DvD Remember that time when your little 12 year old brther dropped all your games, the discs popping out, skidding on the floor, picking up every souveneir your unpolished floor has to offer? Oh wait, my games were blu ray, with protective coating :) Noticeable longer load times? Maybe, microsoft will be offering the option to install your whole game on to the hard drive for a faster read, but 'till then, we have the upperhand. Check http://www.majornelson.com see if you can find it. will Update thread in 2010

1. Lost Odyssey is 4 DVDs, Blue Dragon is 3. You might want to know these things before critizing.

2. Microsoft won't "Maybe" allow installs of XIII onto the 360. It's a universal option for ALL games.

Because of that, it negates your disc scratching, load issues, and disc changing arguments all together.

Enjoy your Final Fantasy XIII, because I will be enjoying FFXIII AND Star Ocean 4, AND Tales of Vesperia, AND Infinite Undiscovery.

And

And

And

and Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssee and Spectral Force 3 and Fable 2...

Pristine20 said:

Snipped so as to not break the thread

Ehhhhhhhh........the religious themes don't fit........

I rather think they do, since you're always on the cross about this shit.

bonkers555 said:
Pristine20 said:
mrstickball said:
alucardremixed said:

And

And

And

and Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssee and Spectral Force 3 and Fable 2...

When did Fable II become a JRPG? I don't even know what Spectral Force 3 is. He sounded like he meant to mention at least 10 upcoming 360 JRPGs but the list didn't match up unfortunately. If PS2 and PS1 games are fair game, I bet I could list at least 30 JRPGs that won't be coming to xbox lol.

Swapping disks is soooo hard and long! Poor 360 fans! /sarcasm

@mrstickball
Thnxs for correcting me the DVD number for those games, gosh your like the almighty " i know all the games and their number of discs!!!" Sure you might say there will be a universal install for all 360 games, like you say, but you have to wait longer than my ps3's partial installs. Go ahead and install Diablo 2 for the pc to see how long it will take. Oh btw, if this happens, your still required to have the original disc in the tray while playing, that doesn't "negate" disc swapping, now does it?
BTW there's Valkyria Chronicles that you xmods won't see. It's not much compared to your list of numerous "AND" what games are those btw? But careful, you'r starting to look japanese