By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - $2.99 is good for movie rentals(on PS store),isn't it?

here where i live (Canada)movie rental is about 6 bucks and pay per view is about 5 bucks.so 2.99 seems pretty good to me ,,,I m gonna try it tonight and see how smooth it goes.

what do you think about the rental price?

Around the Network

If it was 2.99 for the HD version then ill say yes, but the HD version is 3.99

PSN ID: getrdone25

Its good, but with a 5 dollar a month netflix subscription you can rent all month without a dime extra.

Passenger57 said:
Its good, but with a 5 dollar a month netflix subscription you can rent all month without a dime extra.

didn't know about netflix.thats' pretty good

I rent from hollywoodvideos 15 dollars a month for unlimited rentals (5 more dollars for blu ray) and 1 hour download time is kinda like I can wait a hour or just go down to the store and back in 10 mins

Around the Network

The problem with these services is the movie library. I don't think they are going to offer new releases in the service.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

and 1 hour download time is kinda like I can wait a hour or just go down to the store and back in 10 mins

they DID say that you could start watching immediately after starting the download (progressive download is what they called it I think), so that's not even an issue.

getrdone said:
If it was 2.99 for the HD version then ill say yes, but the HD version is 3.99

that is still cheaper then BrightHouse's on demand service.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

@papflesje
yea but still up to 1 hour for full download? you could start watching but you would be getting a lot of buffering till it is fully downloaded.

Also 2.99 for a movie rental? i am paying 15 for unlimited a month :P sigh

How much are XBL rentals?