By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the Blu-ray thread, will go on untill hddvds death.

I'm sick of a few people spamming stuff about Blu-Ray all the time. They post about how it's beating HD-DVD. Post when it starts beating DVD!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

ok, well, we'll try to give this thread a break until something big happens.

BenKenobi88 said:
I'm sick of a few people spamming stuff about Blu-Ray all the time. They post about how it's beating HD-DVD. Post when it starts beating DVD!

lol some one cant handle somethign sony doing well, you shoud not be a mod.

I remember the days during the late 90s of telling my friend's that DVD will take over VHS. They thought I was nuts.

I do honestly think that Blu-ray will beat HD DVD and the PS3 without a doubt has helped that (I do own an HD DVD player as well). We're really just waiting on Universal's call.

I do think DVD will slowly phase out in the next 5 to 10 years as both digital downloads and Blu-ray come into play. By that time, All DVD players will be including Blu-ray functionality as well and will be $30 at wal-mart. Then you've also got digital downloads, but first there will have to be some major overhauls to the bandwidth of the internet as a whole. Korea and Scandinavia are ready.

There will always be those that like their fixed media (especially Anime fans), and so I don't think Blu-ray will be written off.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Woof said:
DonWii said:
Well, I am sure it was mentioned before, but Betamax was superior to VHS. BD is winning because of the PS3.

i think its universally known Br is where it is thanks to the PS3.

And the PS3 is where it is mostly thanks to BR.

Around the Network
Golvellius said:
Woof said:
DonWii said:
Well, I am sure it was mentioned before, but Betamax was superior to VHS. BD is winning because of the PS3.

i think its universally known Br is where it is thanks to the PS3.

And the PS3 is where it is mostly thanks to BR.

True.  I think that Sony has sacrificed a LOT in order to become the dominant player in terms of the HD format.  But, if they can reduce the cost of the players, promote the BD brand, and just do the things that they need to do to run their business, then this could work out very well for them in the long run.

BenKenobi88 said:

i personally dont care about dvd... i wanna watch my movies in high definition...and i dont wanna have to download them to do that... of course dvd is the winning format right now...this thread is the battle between hd dvd and blu ray.... NoT DVD............... P.S. it doesnt really look good with you trying to slam Bu ray all the time... as someone has already stated before me...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I can slam Blu-Ray all I want. I don't like HD DVD either...I don't care about these "next-gen" formats. I don't understand why some people insist that this is a war between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, but not DVD. Who says both can't die, due to steady DVD sales, or a new, better format in a year or two? I am allowed to speak my opinion.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
I can slam Blu-Ray all I want. I don't like HD DVD either...I don't care about these "next-gen" formats. I don't understand why some people insist that this is a war between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, but not DVD. Who says both can't die, due to steady DVD sales, or a new, better format in a year or two? I am allowed to speak my opinion.

Well, maybe if you dont care you should set a good example and stop posting in the thread about something you dont care about since youre a mod you should be acting accordingly, imo.

Because instead of this new format being settled by suits in business meetings its being settled by consumers.....BD and HDDVD are vying for who will be competing with DVD its just in public.

I dont understand why thats so hard for some people to understand, until there is a single HD format nothing will compete with DVD and hell, DVD will probably ALWAYS be the dominant movie viewing format but for people that want HD cinema in their homes we would liek universal support for such a thing from all companies.....just because it doesnt surpass DVD's sales doesnt mean its not important to get a standarized HD cinema media for home use. 

Fine, whatever, I'll stop.

But 99% of movie watchers don't give a crap about this, myself included. I'm out.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM