By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 3rd Party excl or How I learned how to stop worrying and love 1st party gms

We see it all the time.  What was once thought to be an exclusive title for a console goes elsewhere.  Capcom did it to the gamecube big time last generation.  Now it has been announced that FF is no longer a PS3 exclusive, something I personally saw coming a mile away.

Those are the breaks when your console is not number 1.  You have no leverage and the sales potential just isn't there any more.

Its something that has been blatantly apparent to me for a while, but seems to be coming as a shock to the PS3 fans.  You can't rely on a game being an exclusive unless it is 1st or 2nd party.  That is just the way it is.

So, Nintendo has Mario, Zelda, Smash Brothers, etc etc etc, MS has Halo, Fable, etc.

For you PS3 fans, what 1st party franchises do you honestly look forward to?

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

I think the one they look forward to (I am not a sony fan at all) is littlebigplanet

Resistance, Little Big Planet, Killzone, Ratchet, Uncharted, Jak, Infamous, SOCOM, etc.

Sony has a pretty solid first party-lineup of games.

i am not big sony fan, but i like god of war series, team ico games and jak and daxter series, the rest of their first party stuff don't interest me

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Does Infamous count as First Party? Or is that just an exclusive?

That and Valkrie Chronicles are my most compelling PS3 only titles. So far. E3 is sure to have a surprise or two.

Around the Network

I have no interest for Sony 1st party at all. Actually I like God of War... the rest are alright but not something that would make me buy a console.

Microsoft side I like Halo, Gears and Ninja Gaiden (if that can be called first party). And thats it...

Nintendo again...no interest.

Capcom has more games I like that all the console manufacturers 1st party games compbined.

First party I like God of War and somewhat the Jak series
Second party: Resistance & White Knight Chronicles

Yep, that's all Sony has is Little Big Planet. /sarcasm

Thanks for the input, Jeff.