By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - how many people bought a ps3 just for Final fantasy???

iron_megalith said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:
ils411 said:
i did, and do i feel cheated. i could have bought an x360 instead and i could be in rpg heaven now. damn sony!

It's not Sony's fault that you bought a console for a game without even a release date.

It's lie you're saying....

"It's not my fault that I lied to you and you believed me...."

Lie? What do you expect them to come and apologize to you? Or pay a buckload of money to keep it exclusive so your feelings aren't hurt?

The only thing you can blame Sony for, is that they created such a powerful and costly console that developers can't keep games exclusively on it.

It's business, get over it.

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
youjiro said:
konnichiwa said:

How many idiots bought a system for one game??? That would be a better question.

Spending 600$-500$ on a system for a game that will not release before 09?

well the idea is there will always be at least one game that attracts you to a console, and in the case of final fantasy, waiting for it to realease you'll see something else you like. but the main reason you bought the system was for that one game

I guess thats the kinda idiot I am

I'm looking for something that's not found on the other console. With all the RPGs coming out on the 360 most them are not what crave for. Being a fan of the FF and MGS franchiseI bought it.

Call me an idiot but I wouldn't miss out on my favorites. Could you have predicted this happening. They denied it once, but deny it a couple more times to seal the deal then that's the company screwing you.

Wait so your an FF fan (a JRPG) and you wouldnt like LO,BD,IU,TLR,TOV,SO4 or ES? As Ive said in other posts. If your an JRPG fan there is no excuse not to purchase a 360 now. The only ones that wont are extremely bitter fanboys. 

How can you only buy a console for 1 game. Of course we did expect that PS3 would be the home of the jRPGs and this is the final step away from that, which I do find disappointing

iron_megalith said:
ils411 said:
i did, and do i feel cheated. i could have bought an x360 instead and i could be in rpg heaven now. damn sony!

It's not Sony's fault that you bought a console for a game without even a release date.

It's lie you're saying....

"It's not my fault that I lied to you and you believed me...."

Lie? What do you expect them to come and apologize to you? Or pay a buckload of money to keep it exclusive so your feelings aren't hurt?

The only thing you can blame Sony for, is that they created such a powerful and costly console that developers can't keep games exclusively on it.

It's business, get over it.

Yes and a cut throat business it is.... These rumors were already circling all over since the PS3 was released. They could've at least become like Capcom and admitted it or just stuck like Konami did.

selnor said:
iron_megalith said:
youjiro said:
konnichiwa said:

How many idiots bought a system for one game??? That would be a better question.

Spending 600$-500$ on a system for a game that will not release before 09?

well the idea is there will always be at least one game that attracts you to a console, and in the case of final fantasy, waiting for it to realease you'll see something else you like. but the main reason you bought the system was for that one game

I guess thats the kinda idiot I am

I'm looking for something that's not found on the other console. With all the RPGs coming out on the 360 most them are not what crave for. Being a fan of the FF and MGS franchiseI bought it.

Call me an idiot but I wouldn't miss out on my favorites. Could you have predicted this happening. They denied it once, but deny it a couple more times to seal the deal then that's the company screwing you.

Wait so your an FF fan (a JRPG) and you wouldnt like LO,BD,IU,TLR,TOV,SO4 or ES? As Ive said in other posts. If your an JRPG fan there is no excuse not to purchase a 360 now. The only ones that wont are extremely bitter fanboys.

I have a 360 and I'm playing Lost Odyssey. Now as far as for the other like SO4 the only SO game I've played is SO3. As for FF I've played FF6-FFX-2..

Let's do math. Which of the Franchises did I play the most? FF or SO?

Edit:

I'll let you go with the fanboy comment as I'm really an FF fan.

Around the Network
youjiro said:

To be honest the ps3 was the last console that I bought. I got my wii on launch, my 360 about a year after and the ps3 a couple months done the line from that. To be honest the only real reason I bought my ps3 was for the final fantasy exclusive, as I planned to get Verses and XIII together. I'm a huge FF fan and have played most of the iterations since FF7, and I also plan to get a DS and play the remakes that they've launched.

However, with the atomic bomb that M$ just dropped I'm starting to wonder about my ps3. I know this announcment will have a negative impact on ps3 sales in America, not so sure about europe tho. but how many of you bought a ps3 just for this?

My ps3 just got alot less attractive and alot less useful. I reckon theres a couple gamers that will be thinking like me as well.

i have a feeling sony will have a little chat with square, either that or the 360 version will be trash compared to the ps3 version or something, don't get too upset, ps3 is actually looking pretty sweet this year, especially having stolen away left4dead....and....something else

but seriously, you'll be very satisfied with ps3 by the end of the year

this is why if you buy a console for a single game you should damn well wait until that game is released first =/

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
this is why if you buy a console for a single game you should damn well wait until that game is released first =/

To add to that Never trust a damn company......

I bought it for Final Fantasy XIII ,for Final Fantasy XIII Versus ,for White Knight Story ,for Metal Gear Solid 4 ,for Devil May Cry 4 ,for Singstar and Buzz (my girlfriend has a lot of power) ,for Soul Calibur ,for Wipeout ,for Killzone 2 ,for Resident Evil 5,for God of War III ,for Ratchet and Clank.

And I am getting all those.Plus ,I have the best BR player on the market ,a multimedia beast ,built in Wifi and HDD ,backwards compatibility with PS1 and PS2 games ,free online gaming ,trophies ,ingame XMB ....

why should I feel bad about it?

my best friend bought the ps3 for the trifecta of GTA4, MGS4, and FFXIII. i'm not sure that he would have bought a 360 over ps3 if he would have know about this when he bought his ps3 (gta release week) but who knows. he is a big rpg fan so maybe a 360 would have been a better choice.