By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infinite Undiscovery may eventually come to PS3

Well here's a bit of solace for anyone down in the dumps over FFXIII. On IGN's coverage of the Square Enix conference, the Square guys were translated as saying:

1:07 - And the translator confirms that, yes, Infinite Undiscovery is being developed exclusively for the 360, but they think they might at some point do it for PS3.

So eventually we may get this game....

http://games.ign.com/articles/889/889001p1.html

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

I thought it was being funded by Microsoft. That's nice. Hopefully other games will follow, and PS3 only owners could play some more rpgs.

That hardly seems like a fair trade :P I find it funny that the once was exclusive square rpg on the 360 looked like ass >_> and the counter part was hailed as impossible for consoles. Maybe they can meet together on the bridge of mediocre :P LOLOLOL God I'm bitter XD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility. Think of how many other 360 games went multi-plat. From Enchanted Arms to BioShock. There are no rules anymore.

Except for MGS4. That game's not going anywhere.

sc94597 said:
I thought it was being funded by Microsoft.

I thought that too, I guess those claims were wrong then. I guess it´s exclusively a Tri Ace x SE game.

Around the Network

Agreed, Chrono. Especially since the quote says "might at some point." The PS3's problem isn't eventual RPG support b/c we all know that FFXIII, FFvXIII, White Knight Chronicles, Last Remnant, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, Star Ocean (probably), Eternal Sonata (maybe) are all coming. The problem is that there seems to be nothing on the nearby horizon (except Disgaea and Valkyria, but even those are strategy RPGs). Oh well....

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

hmm i thought this was always on PS3?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Man, choosing an RPG to play is tougher than I thought

Maybe but ff13 is bigger loss for sony than infinite discovery for microsoft.

Well ,it would be good if this game came to the PS3.

It woulndt compensate for the loss of FFXIII exclusivity but....being frank ,FFXIII is still exclusive where Sony needs it and if we get this game in exchange well the more games we get the better.