By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu 2007-06-11/ 2007-06-17

Although it is heart warming to see PS3 and 360 in the top 10 software for the week, it is equally disturbing how much the Japanese have let the HD consoles go to the way side.

360 couldn't break 10k. Looks like PS3 didn't get a boost at all for hardware. I wanted to be pumped for this week, and now I'm distraught!

Around the Network

It did:

Trusty Bell: Chopin no Yume (Xbox 360, Bandai Namco): 9 / 9 / 9 / 8 - (35/40)

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Darc Requiem said:
y-koron said:
TheSource said:
What was the shipment for Trusty Bell?

Simply, it is not sold good. (Shipment was about 70k)

Probably, Trusty Bell is spotlighted on Internet. So many users buy it at first-day. But rating isn't so good...

It was seemed this affected many people's choice whether or not to buy it.

I though Famitsu gave Trusty Bell a 35/40?

The word used by many Japanese gamers.

"Famitsu's review is deceptive" 

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Expect about 50k for folksoul next week. Saying it will boost sales for PS3 is saying Opoona is going to boost sales for Wii. Japanese RPGs, yes, but not proven franchises, and not even in Famitsu Most Wanted.

We can expect a good fight during July though.

EG5 on PS3 vs DQS, Gundam and MP8 on Wii.

@diegomoroco777 Eh Opoona? You mean Dragon Quest Swords will boost up the WII sales ;) I hope Opoona will become a very good game, looks very nice to me, I'm duying (again) for a Tales of... or Level 5 RPG on the WII... Level 5... Dark Chronicle alike.... I hope Takarajima Z (aka Zack & Wicky) will release soon.

Gundam looks very amazing! I've never bought a Gundam game before but seeing the screens and imagining the controls I'm actually looking forward to get this game as soon as it's releases in Japan. MP8 I'm not sure about the sales in Japan. To me it doesn't look all too fancy, especially without the online mode.  

Yes Famitsu reviews are at times very deceptive especially when it comes to Square Enix games. Not always, because most of the times I agree with them ;)

Around the Network

Zack and Wiki is being released in October.

I'd like to see NGS sales next week...

diegomoroco777 said:
Expect about 50k for folksoul next week. Saying it will boost sales for PS3 is saying Opoona is going to boost sales for Wii. Japanese RPGs, yes, but not proven franchises, and not even in Famitsu Most Wanted.

We can expect a good fight during July though.

EG5 on PS3 vs DQS, Gundam and MP8 on Wii.

I no longer believe there is a fight, Musou proved what NGS is now proving. People just aren't yet into the ps3 if they are ever going to be. Granted EG5 may be the biggest title yet for the ps3 but I think think it pales into comparison to DQS and DQ for the DS, I just don't see anything really changing Japan's mind anymore on the ps3 or the 360 anymore. Everytime a new game comes out we are surprised by it's failure to sell. 

Anything short of the ps3 reinventing itself, lowering the price and dumping tons and tons of games on the market will not help much. And even when these things come, it will have the Wii's Yes the system that sells against it 7:1, that system's biggest Japanese franchises to contend with. Wii Health, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. are going to be dancing in the sun while most of the ps3 offerings like Lair and Heavenly Sword will have to stand in their shadow. I'm not saying this to bash the ps3, I was hopeful for the ps3's future in Japan, I'd like to get one sooner or later. But I have a hard time believing any product in any industry can launch a failure and come back strong a year later. I've yet to see people give examples of this, and until they do, I'll bet otherwise.

FishyJoe said:
Zack and Wiki is being released in October.

That would be wonderful! Only according to the latest news Watch Impress and Capcom itself it's still unknown, though in 2007, but specific month not mentioned :(

http://www.capcom.co.jp/takarajimaz/

http://www.capcom.co.jp/takarajimaz/top.html

I don't know if October is accurate, that is the date listed on Amazon.