By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is about to become a more valuable company than Sony.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/06/20/news/international/nintendo_sony.reut/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote

Nintendo shares closed up 1.4 percent at 44,500 yen, increasing its market capitalization to 6.30 trillion yen ($51 billion).

That compares with Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd.'s (Charts) 6.23 trillion yen and 6.64 trillion yen for Sony - the world's largest and second-largest consumer electronics makers, each having sales more than eight times as big as Nintendo's.

"Nintendo is a market leader in everything it does now, which is basically the handheld as well as console gaming market. We haven't seen Nintendo being a market leader in both products for over a decade," said KBC Securities analyst Hiroshi Kamide.

Around the Network

Hmmz Nintendo is doing very well and Sony is doing very bad. So i fear this effect is limited in time and size.

But it shows where Sony is heading for the moment. They need to diviste the firm because it is currently competing against itself.

But Sony does have the largest fanbase ever, everyone (well much people) still believe in the potential of something called the PS3. While its clear that the PS3 is only competing with that Gizmondo for the moment.
However i wonder if a Sony fan is a smart fan, being a fan of the PS3 almost seems te same as being a fan of Britney Spears: shamefull, but hey everyone does it.

But M-maybe that was bashing? Does it help if i found Minish cap and windwaker better then TP?

I wish I bought stocks in Nintendo years ago.

is this what they call a kodak moment? cause seriously someone's gotta screen the moment nintendo's more valuable than sony. How times can change.. =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

That's really scary - last I looked, the shares were around the 35,000 mark.

A single Nintendo share now costs around $500AU!!

Also had no idea the market cap had increased so much - how much higher can they go? They REALLY need to issue a share split, maybe even a 4:1 .. 8:1.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
shams said:

That's really scary - last I looked, the shares were around the 35,000 mark.

A single Nintendo share now costs around $500AU!!

Also had no idea the market cap had increased so much - how much higher can they go? They REALLY need to issue a share split, maybe even a 4:1 .. 8:1.

$360+ US

and they trade in 100 units on Japans market.

So the minimum to get N-stock in Japan is over $36,000 US

And it's completely worth that investment with the profits they're making.

Their PE is actually pretty low considering their rate of growth. PE is only around 34 and that's based off of old March 31 numbers. They are going to completely blow out the Q1 estimates. If you factor in increased profits, the PE is probably in the 20s.

I don't really see anything making this stock go lower except a market meltdown or currency problems. There are a number of things that could make this stock rocket up. A stock split, major deals, a move to NYSE or Nasdaq and plain old simple profits.

i'm kicking myself, after e3 last year i went, gotta get nintendo stock. just couldn't get enough cash freed up to do it..grumble.

It's REALLY scary when a game software and hardware company is competing with an electronics GIANT that sells game software and hardware, every electronic device imaginable, and makes blockbuster movies.