By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why aren't books given age ratings?

Same, I don't read a lot either. Reason is that I have never had much interest in doing so and another is in my signature that I stole from FJ-Warez (don't sue me). But, if it has taken my interest then I would read even if it takes long to do so or that I don't understand it much. For example, I wish America would release more light novel that my favorite animes are adapted from (I know, this is a game forum)

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Around the Network

because you can't see a nipple on books (unless they're illustrated or photos, but those are restricted anyway) and we all know that nipples are the most dangerous substance known to man

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

fooflexible said:

Quite frankly forget books, movies, and games, America in particular is a big fat phony in this regard, we regulate entertainment to the umph degree, and yet we allow the internet to stream into every home entirely unregulated. A kid isn't allowed to buy a mature game, watch a rated R film, or see anything bad on TV, and then he can go online and see wanton violence and sex with no proof of age. This is astounding.

The news will hype a shocking video of a store clerk selling GTA to a 10 year old. While the same news seems to overlook the fact that the same kid could watch vidoes of explicit sex and violence, and all kinds of other god-forsaken acts on the internet.

It'd be like the media getting mad at liquor stores for selling to minors when we all had vodka coming out of our sinks. It's like,"Why are we mad at the liqor stores these kids can get this at home for free."

It really comes down to the parents. If the parents buy Manhunt 2, and leave it laying around, chances are a kid can pick it up and play it. If they buy playboy, XXX movies, or whatever other adult materials, its up to them to keep the kids away from it. If they give the kids unlimited internet access, its up to them to watch what the kids are doing on the internet. The internet (or TV for that matter) isn't a babysitter, but that doesn't stop parents from using it as one.

I don't think Dragonlance would translate well. It would never get a big budget and would end up like the more recent attempts at D&D movies which were ok if you like that sort of thing (I do) but were pretty damn hokey =).

On the Road, America Trilogy, Nasuea

Chopin, Camus, Saligner

I

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
Kytiara said:
I don't think Dragonlance would translate well. It would never get a big budget and would end up like the more recent attempts at D&D movies which were ok if you like that sort of thing (I do) but were pretty damn hokey =).

I mean it could do well if it did manage to get a big budget (I know that sounds like a miracle but considering how well Lord of the Rings did it might be a little easier to sell another fantasy trilogy to the studios).