By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Screwattack top ten OMGWTF moments.

Good list if you ignore GTA.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

It might not be on the same scale, but I always thought the Metroid hatchling dying in Super Metroid was a big jaw dropping moment. I was so shocked and pissed when it happened the first time. Which made the Hyperbeam's divine judgement badassness all the better. Screw you Mother Brain!

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Ya, see, for me "The Princess is in another castle" was a WTF moment for me.  It's not when it happens the first time...it's when it happens multiple times that it's like "Come on!" especially when you only have a couple of continues.  Most people miss that because most people use the warp pipes in 1-2 to get further along into the game (or use the 99 lives trick).  Playing through all the levels, knowing you will play until you win, and then dying and having to go all the way back to beginning makes the prospect of the game being at least one level longer absolutely infuriating.  It is practically taunting you to keep playing.

You young'uns don't understand that.  You lived in the day of save points and unlimited continues.  You think "what could be wtf about having more content?"  But back then many games were one serving affairs (most had passwords, but were too complicated or convoluted to use), and you either beat it or you didn't.  As much as you may have paid for the game, you don't want it to last longer because then you may never get to the end.  I have scores of NES games that I never completed because I just never had the patience to play through it all in one setting.  It's like if Metal Gear Solid 4 had to be played in one setting.  What would you think of the cutscenes then?  If Super Mario Bros. hadn't been so damned awesome, I think a lot of the people would have simply turned the game off after the 5th level.  So there's why it's #1.

rasone77 said:
COD4 shouldn't have been on the list, despite the fact that over 10 million people have the game (including PC) and many more have at least played through it. It's still pretty damn new, in fact they could spoil Halo 3, MAss Effect, and even Bioshock for that matter because all three of them came out before COD4.

In any case, I totally agree with #1 I remember playing through Mario not knowing that there would be eight levels and after about 5 or six greuling levels I started getting mad every time Toad said that shit to me.

I still hate that fucker.

Haha... I still have no idea how Toad is able to gets kidnapped like that everytime.

I mean, how did he sneak up there without fail every single time?

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

The Resident Evil 5 one is really funny. If it's in Africa you expect the zombies to be black. Game companies should be realistic and not go and try and make everything unrealistically diverse with even numbers of all races and genders or whatever. It really made me mad when people were complaining about that trailer.

PC Gamer
Around the Network
rasone77 said:
COD4 shouldn't have been on the list, despite the fact that over 10 million people have the game (including PC) and many more have at least played through it. It's still pretty damn new, in fact they could spoil Halo 3, MAss Effect, and even Bioshock for that matter because all three of them came out before COD4.

In any case, I totally agree with #1 I remember playing through Mario not knowing that there would be eight levels and after about 5 or six greuling levels I started getting mad every time Toad said that shit to me.

I still hate that fucker.

I agree, I haven't finished CoD4 yet. I haven't had a PS3 that long and I have been playing through other games first. They said they wouldn't ruin recent games at the beginning of that video, lol.

Dickheads.

SAMUS IS A CHICK!?? Epic! My world changed when i knew that!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

haha the presenter for these is so awesome.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Pretty good list. HOwever, a moment in which I felt pretty sad was in FFVI when Celes has to catch fish to feed Cid. And after a while he dies. It´s such a simple but emotional scene. Much more impacting (to me) than Aeris Death

The good thing is that he doesn´t necessarily have to die.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Number 3 and 1 - couldn't agree more!

Good list heh, I think the COD4 nuke is a worthy mention. It was a pretty fucked up scene to watch, and like the guy said - made even more real/terrifying/whatever you want when you actually play out the last breathing moments of your soldier.