By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question for the ps3 fans...

I have the unusual task of having to buy a ps3 as a gift for someone. I'm getting it for my father who's getting it for someone else's 14/15 yr old son. It's the system he wants, but my father don't know which games he wants. So what games you think I should pick up for a 14/15 your old boy? I'll be getting 2.

I ruled out Resistance only because it's rather mature and even though most parents these days are cool with shooters, I won't risk it on behalf of my father. I was thinking: Motorstorm and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. What do you think? 

Around the Network

I would buy Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5... VF5 is pretty deep but... I think you can't go wrong with this game.

Yeah. Motorstorm and VF5 are probably the best chocies then.

Damn, thats a really expensive gift for someone else's kid... hehehe

(not trolling here, but my father would be givinga 60 dollars game as a gift not a 600 dollar console + 2 60 dollar games...)

and 60 dollar is in the high end... less than 20 dollar is the sweet spot (for me too).

Or maybe fooflexible is just buying it for his father's friend's 14 years old son, as in himself (his father's friend could be his mother hehe, god bless the lack of gender differentiation in the english language, that makes for some ambiguous comments) :P

Pick up as many cheap $20-40 titles that are available. I would assume by now alot of the launch titles are cheap.

Now, why do you have to buy a $600 system for someone else to give to their child?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I thik any of these could serve you

Madden 07
NBA 2K7
NHL 2K7
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
NBA Street Homecourt
Motorstorm
Virtua Fighter 5
Spiderman 3

As you said you dont want a shooter that excludes Resistence ,Call of Duty 3 ,FEAR ,and the upcoming next week Rainbow Six Vegas and The Darkness .Oblivion also is a bit deep maybe for a youngster .If the birthday is in two weeks or so you could also buy Ninja Gaiden Sigma .My advice is to go to the games I told you and try to find a bargain in some ...maybe some launch titles as Marvel Ultimate Alliance or the sports games ,and then pick one up as Motorstorm or Virtua Fighter 5 ....Motorstorm would be a good choice because that way he can test the online playing .

It sounds like I'll be getting Motorstorm and VF5. VF5 was a good call. I'll stray from sports only because if you don't like that sport you usually don't want the game ,so I'll avoid that.

Virtua Tennis 3!!!! It's an awesome game

Yes

Wait let me help, if your getting a ps3 you might as welll get a an internet computer and a wireless router, motor storm will suck if it isn't online, virtue fighter 5 is an ok game,but if I were you I'd get one of those huge games coming out like warhawk and heavenly sword, al you have to do is wait a lil while.

mM

Motorstorm, not VF 5 that is not a game he would love I would think... maybe Fight Night or something like that... something with a 'wow' factor?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!