By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - mgs4 problem

hi
After recently playing mgs4 I noticed there are some few slowdowns in the cutscenes. Nothing big. It just seems the cutscene is not smooth anymore and it's just for few seconds(maybe 1 or 2 sec) and the it gets normal again.
the 'slowdowns' are mostly at intense action scenes
Anyone noticed this too, or is it the fault of my ps3?

and sorry for my bad english

Around the Network

I haven't noticed this on mine, but I haven't finished the game yet (about halfway through).

I thought the thread was going to be about how you couldn't understand the story

Snesboy said:
I thought the thread was going to be about how you couldn't understand the story

no the story is quite understandable but there are few times where I noticed that the cutscene is not  smooth anymore(just for 1 or 2 secs) and since I recently bought a ps3  I wanted to know if this is normal or not.

I don't have any problems with GTA4 though.

Those were "dramatic" slow downs. Kojima did that on purpose!!

........heh, heh. I think they fell for it.

Around the Network
Snesboy said:

the story reminded me of color by numbers... i thought it was one of the silmpler stories of MGS

antfromtashkent said:
Snesboy said:

the story reminded me of color by numbers... i thought it was one of the silmpler stories of MGS

I think I might pick it up then. MGS: Twin Snakes was completely off the wall. And MGS2....my goodness.

d21lewis said:

like in mgs3 when boss would take your gun...it would always do a dramatic slowdown of her taking your gun and disassembling it like she was the one that made the gun...that was so annoying

saab said:
d21lewis said:

like in mgs3 when boss would take your gun...it would always do a dramatic slowdown of her taking your gun and disassembling it like she was the one that made the gun...that was so annoying

The Boss must have had a Ph.D. in gun disassembly because she was really ridiculous with that stuff!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Snesboy said:
antfromtashkent said:
Snesboy said:

I think I might pick it up then. MGS: Twin Snakes was completely off the wall. And MGS2....my goodness.

Actually MGS4 is easily the second most complex game in terms of storyline after MGS2. It is easily more complex than MGS1 or 3 and contains a lot of the philosophical babble that we love from MGS2.