By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces in-game advertising deal. (Oh Noes??) :O

If I get compulsory ad in game, I won't get it. Some kind of banner on a wall is ok.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

Crackdown has ad billboards of the 2007 Dodge Caliber, when the game takes place in 2050+
Dubya Tee Eff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

I guess Sony is going to need money for there PSN so I guess they had to stoop down to this in order to keep there online gaming network free.

pimpcoop said:
I guess Sony is going to need money for there PSN so I guess they had to stoop down to this in order to keep there online gaming network free.

Well, you're a Wii fan so I guess you get free online with lag and friend codes. Rock on, man!

This is the ultimate example of selling out in my book. I know PS3 fans are going to scream at that, but come on ya know it is.

Around the Network

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I don't like overt adds, but I'm actually fine with product placement. I loved having an ipod in MGS4, so I'm ok with that kind of advertisement. But really long as it's something that doesn't interrupt my playing and I can ignore at will then I don't mind it.

this is pretty good, i guess
Sony will most likely make up for some of the losses of the ps3.
hopefully, it wont be some constant pop-ups while im playing cause dat would suck. hopefully its just like posters and billboards in the game that u can look at if u want.

Some money for advertising in Home perhaps?

Torillian said:
I don't like overt adds, but I'm actually fine with product placement. I loved having an ipod in MGS4, so I'm ok with that kind of advertisement. But really long as it's something that doesn't interrupt my playing and I can ignore at will then I don't mind it.

I can see it now, Old Snake is having a caughing fit and goes to inject himself when suddenly,

"Head on! Apply directly to the head!"