By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Is Two Worlds and Gothic III any good after being patched?

Just asking because I'm starved for a PC RPG. Thought about The Witcher but I want to wait for the revised version of the game. What do you guys think are the good recent PC RPG games?

Around the Network

The Elder Scrolls games Morrowind and Oblivion are both good and also World of WarCraft is actually a good MMORPG if you don't mind it being pay to play. I've heard that Two Worlds is alright but I haven't played it myself so I wouldn't really know.

PC Gamer

Two Worlds is supposed to be great after a rough start.

I hear Gothic III is "arcade-y" compared to its predecessors, but I *really* disliked the controls in Gothic 1 & 2, so I don't personally have a problem with that. =)

Mass Effect or Morrowind are probably better bets for a modern WRPG if you haven't tried them.

I wish The Witcher would hit up some Xbox 360 at some point in the immediate future. Once again, I would stab you all to play it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Rath said:
Mass Effect or Morrowind are probably better bets for a modern WRPG if you haven't tried them.

Played through Mass Effect over 4 days

I have both Morrowind and Oblivion. Did not like Oblivion.

I recently ordered Titan Quest but not really sure about that one. I'm really waiting for the Witcher but alas, the new version was delayed. Two Worlds and Gothic III looks like it has the potential to be good but apparently it's filled with bugs. Oh well. How about Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2, though? Anyone know what are the Dungeon and Dragons combat rules all about?

totalwar23 said:
Rath said:

Played through Mass Effect over 4 days

I have both Morrowind and Oblivion. Did not like Oblivion.

I recently ordered Titan Quest but not really sure about that one. I'm really waiting for the Witcher but alas, the new version was delayed. Two Worlds and Gothic III looks like it has the potential to be good but apparently it's filled with bugs. Oh well. How about Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2, though? Anyone know what are the Dungeon and Dragons combat rules all about?

Titan Quest is a 3D Diablo II with a greek theme.  I liked it, personally.  Worked great under XP... had horrible slowdown issues under Windows 2K that the devs refused to acknowledge.

Both NWNs were good, as are most D&D RPGs, actually.  D&D RPGs are very... tactical in nature.  positioning, choice of tactics, spells, use of abilities, etc. is critical to winning each and every battle along the way.  Good fun, IMO.  You can challenge yourself as much or as little as you like, really (I increase D&D gaming difficulty by resting less, and finishing the adventure faster in virtual time... not that it usually matters at all).

Some people hate them, because they don't really understand D&D, I guess.  If you didn't grow up with it, you may somehow not like it... I don't know any gamer who doesn't know at least a few of the concepts behind D&D, so I can't really say for sure.