By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SEGA should ressurrect Jet Set/Grind Radio for Wii

MANUELF said:
alpha_dk said:
pichu_pichu said:
never heard of it, but it should be great!

Oh man, you're missing out.  If you can find a Dreamcast or an XBox (a friend, whoever) you should see if you can find a copy of the game.

On topic, it seems like every week I want Sega to remake one of their old games anew.  I was somewhat disappointed with NiGHTS, but it was still fun in its own way.  With Samba de Amigo coming out soon (and supposedly being awesome, according to IGN) I'm getting one wish, i suppose.  Now I just want JSR and Space Channel 5, and Ecco the Dolphin, and Seaman

*sigh* I wish I had a dreamcast...

Only these games? What about Shenmue?

Never played it.  I didn't have a dreamcast, I just played it at a friend's house who did.  Those were the games he had (along with Crazy Taxi and some others, but I don't really desire/remember any of those any more).  From what I've heard of Shenmue, it was good though, so if it was announced I would likely check it out.

Edit: Also, I actually don't really desire seaman.  That was just a crazy, crazy game.  One of those things that makes me think "How was that ever a good idea?"  -- like early 90's fashion, of 80s hair.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network
CDiablo said:
Ari_Gold said:
CDiablo said:
Im pretty sure the game did poorly on DC and XBOX so I doubt they could risk it at this point.

i dont think porting 3-5 year old games is much of a risk, especially for wii. just look @ ghost squad, house of the dead, samba de amigo.

I didnt think the TS was refering to a port, but a new game with Wii controls

Precisely.  I would settle for a port, but that's not what I want.  SEGA could port a lot of their older titles and they would probably sell reasonably well.  I'd love a compilation of the Virtua Cop games.  What about Daytona Wii?  What about a Panzer Dragoon compilation?  Any of these would be fine as rehashes (if the price was only about $20-$30), but I'd really love to see new chapters in these franchises built specifically for Wii.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Forgot about Virtual On. Think about the way the old ones played with the dual joysticks. Now picture a Wii-mote in each hand held straight up and down like 2 joysticks.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

There are Dreamcast games I'd rather see on Wii first (Shenmue and PowerStone in particular), but Jet Set Radio was a good title. I wouldn't play a port though a new game would be better.

Why does it have to be on the Wii. I mean Jet Grind Radio Future was put on XBOX. I would love to see HD for this game. I wouldn't care about the motion controls.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network

There are a lot of SEGA franchises that should be revived, but with the actual SEGA you never now

CDiablo said:
Im pretty sure the game did poorly on DC and XBOX so I doubt they could risk it at this point.

I think the only reason it didn't fare well on the Dreamcast was because of it's early demise. But it did sell like crap on the Xbox. There's a theory that goes "niche Sega franchises fit better on Nintendo systems than anywhere else." Hence, Ikaruga and Sonic Adventure on GC.

Its a genre that definitely could have a good role in the Wii.Not excesively detailed graphics ,motion based controls for the graffittis ....I can see it.