By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Julian Eggebrecht

Well on my eternal hatred of the Wii. This is my point about it. http://wii.ign.com/articles/762/762984p1.html Read it all. I dont need to explain anything. I will just state my point on Wii graphics... Why was his LAUNCH title for the GC... one of the best looking games on a Nintendo console... ever. Why is RE4... a 2 year old game... is the best looking thing on a nintendo console. Hands down. It looks great. He has a prediction for long term as well.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

"Julian: I love the Wii, absolutely." He loves the Wii. He bashes the game developers. You bash the Wii. That's a huge difference.

why is everyone so caught on with the "graphics capability"? im not a hard core gamer. i dont play pc games. i dont play sport games. i cant coordinate on virtual fighting games. i go for FUN games and RPGs with great story lines. wii was never meant to have great graphics but it hasnt' stopped millions of non-gamers from buying it :) it's all for the experience. i seriously dont want to pay a premium price for a game console for a blueray dvd player that i doubt i'd ever use. i NEVER use my dvd player on the PS2. dont think i'd ever touch blue-ray or hd dvd since im not a big movie person. i just want a game console that play fun games! i really don't care about HD graphics and wii game developers should not either

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

He's not bashing the Wii, if that's what you're thinking. But I do agree that DEVELOPERS are sloppy. Now that the Wii is popular, and companies know that it's here to stay, I think we'll see some better developers...ones who know what they're doing. By the way, Rogue Leader was somewhat fun and Rebel Strike BLOWED, even though it looked good. I remember playing it...looking at the X-Wings and TIE Fighters...thinking "Wow this looks good...if only it was longer, more fun, and didn't have those stupid land missions."

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Nice attempt at spin Kwaad. The better question is why is his launch title one of the most technically impressive titles released for the entire generation period. Also did any game push more than Rogue Squadron III's 20+ million polys? I know Rallisport Challenge for X-box nearly equaled Rogue Squadron II's 13.2 million polys but it was at half the frame rate.

Around the Network

Darc Requiem said: Nice attempt at spin Kwaad. The better question is why is his launch title one of the most technically impressive titles released for the entire generation period. Also did any game push more than Rogue Squadron III's 20+ million polys? I know Rallisport Challenge for X-box nearly equaled Rogue Squadron II's 13.2 million polys but it was at half the frame rate.
R2007 - Troll Delusional - I dont understand your post. However it seems like your not giveing much credit to the Wii... as the PS3 is the RPG winner this year. (PS2/PS3) BenKenobi - Neither am I. I am bashing the most imporant thing. 3rd party games. Darc Requiem - I still think the X-Box had some BEAUTIFUL games compared to the GC. Did Anyone see what I posted this about? Look at his prediction. Look at what he says about the Wii. THAT IS MY POINT.

What's your point? That he predicts that the PS3 will eventually sell more? Big whoop. I agree with that...most Wii fans probably agree with that. There are just so many Playstation followers that it's impossible for them not to sell more... And it's very likely third party support may not be as strong as the PS3, but there's no telling yet. The Wii is getting more support every day. And by the way, this is just one person, one opinion. Throwing it at our face and saying THAT'S MY POINT doesn't help much. If you're pulling opinions from a smaller company like Factor 5, then why don't you go read an article from the head of an even more successful developer: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/755/755493p1.html

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Kwaad said: Darc Requiem said: Nice attempt at spin Kwaad. The better question is why is his launch title one of the most technically impressive titles released for the entire generation period. Also did any game push more than Rogue Squadron III's 20+ million polys? I know Rallisport Challenge for X-box nearly equaled Rogue Squadron II's 13.2 million polys but it was at half the frame rate. R2007 - Troll Delusional - I dont understand your post. However it seems like your not giveing much credit to the Wii... as the PS3 is the RPG winner this year. (PS2/PS3) BenKenobi - Neither am I. I am bashing the most imporant thing. 3rd party games. Darc Requiem - I still think the X-Box had some BEAUTIFUL games compared to the GC. Did Anyone see what I posted this about? Look at his prediction. Look at what he says about the Wii. THAT IS MY POINT.
The X-box had some excellent looking titles. DOA3 was one of the best looking X-box titles and it was also a launch title. You still side stepped what I said Kwaad. The reason RS2 was one of the best looking GC games is because Factor 5 has always been one of the best at squeezing out a systems power. This goes back to their work on Genesis games like Mega Turrican. You read the article and tried to cherry pick whatever points, perceived or real, that you thought would bolster your argument against the Wii. Everyone has a degree of bias but when your bias is a great as yours Kwaad it actually hurts any point you try to prove.

I agree more with Newell. The PS3 is a disaster. Sony is doing exactly (not exactly, but close) what Nintendo did with the N64. There wasn't one specific reason that made the N64 second to the PS1, however, a whole series of events. Nintendo and Sony had a falling out during a joint project to create a system. They cancel the project and go their separate ways. Sony decides to create a new game system using current technology, while Nintendo decides to create a system using old technology. Sony's system (PSX) uses CDs as the storage media and Nintendo (N64) stayed with their old format, the ROM cartridges. The ROM cartridges cost up to $25 to produce and CDs cost about 5 cents, costing developers too much money to produce for Nintendo's system. Third party developers leave due to production costs along with other issues, i.e. cartridge space vs. CD space. Sony becomes market leader due to product innovation and cost reduction for developers. Now in this generation, Sony decides to stay with their tried and true method of making game systems: push the computing power and use very advanced media, Blu-Ray. Nintendo, on the other hand, creates a new way of playing and marginally raises system specifications. They also use current available technology for media, DVD. Development costs for the PS3 are much higher due to new and advanced system architecture, resulting in tougher programming requirements, HD output, along with higher prices to print to Blu-Ray Discs. Development costs for Nintendo's system is a great deal lower due to familar system architecture, no HD output, and using a cost effective method of storing data, DVD. Third party developers will only need to worry about the new controller, but ideas and imagination cost very little. Great ideas have very high return. Now third party developers are coming back to Nintendo. Nintendo will become market leader due to product innovation and cost reduction for developers. Sorry I don't have any links to prove any of the above is true. But if you have been around videogames long enough, then you would already know most of this.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

BenKenobi88 said: What's your point? That he predicts that the PS3 will eventually sell more? Big whoop. I agree with that...most Wii fans probably agree with that. There are just so many Playstation followers that it's impossible for them not to sell more... And it's very likely third party support may not be as strong as the PS3, but there's no telling yet. The Wii is getting more support every day. And by the way, this is just one person, one opinion. Throwing it at our face and saying THAT'S MY POINT doesn't help much. If you're pulling opinions from a smaller company like Factor 5, then why don't you go read an article from the head of an even more successful developer: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/755/755493p1.html
I just want you to know this. You just lost ALOT of credit pointing at that guy. Is he rich? Yes. Does he own a VERY wealthy company? yes. Does he spew more **** out his mouth than me? YES. If Bill Gates said exactly the same thing... I Beleive it alot more. Bill gates dosent lie. He just manuplates the truth, and stretches it. Gabe LIES. and I mean. That the worst way possible. Seriously. Do you even know who he is and what he has said in the past? He has screwed publishers over completely. Some publishers WILL NOT publish his works. Even though they KNOW they will make killer money. They WILL NOT do it. Because they WILL not put up with his ****. He loves the Wii, because it is the ultimate platform to put his SOURCE engine on. He can sell it to anyone he pleases, and Nothing can truely rival it. At Doom3 is too advanced. And Unreal2... Obviously is also too advanced. I am sure that without a doubt Source would probibally be one of the best looking engines on the Wii. If the Wii wins. He wins. He dont give a ****. He just wants money. And his engine looks like ASS on PS3/360.