By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Being a COD4 n00b sucks ass hard.

So I never got into COD4 on PC. I played the single a bit, and played multi for a little bit on a friend's comp but never really caught the bug.

So I end up renting it for my PS3, figure I'd like to really go through the epic single player campaign and goof off a bit in multiplayer. Being new in multiplayer sucks so much ass it's not even funny. I'm currently level 3 and I want to shoot my PS3, not that it would actually do any damage because apparently everything I have sucks. The kill cam pisses me off to no end because I can watch a replay of how I walk up behind a guy, shoot him at nearly point blank range with my shotgun and then he turns around shoots me in the knee once with what I assume is the kind of gun jesus will use when he returns and joins the NRA, and then I die. Or how I lay into some one with whatever assault rifle a newb gets and then he runs up to me, knifes me and I die. And I know I'm hitting them, the kill cam confirms it. I'm just not alowed to kill anyone. Not for at least ten more levels. I did get a few kills using this heavy gunmen guy with the giant machine gun, and I got lucky with a couple of hail mary grenade throws, but for the most part it's just a perpetual cycle of either me getting insta killed by unknown forces, or I see somebody and make the mistake of attacking them, and then my head asplodes from a vicious knee wound. This doesn't seem very skill based at all, I just need to grind levels until I achieve pwnage.

Unfortunately the RPG like growth system forces me to play. Anything that's online and has an RPG element should be made illegal by the government for it's addictive and deadly properties. Even though it's driving me nuts and I hate this with a passion, I still am compelled to play it so I can unlock some new weapons, classes, and play modes. My next 5 days are shot. Hopefully I can start shooting noobs in the knee soon and having fun.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Yeah, that or spawn campers in the PC version are full of win... -_-;

I have to agree with you, the perks and level-up system is very addicting, pretty much like Battlefield: Bad Company's credit system I may say. Don't worry, once you get martydom and the Lv. 40 gun, make them suffer!!! :D

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

There are children on this forum!

Here is a more appropriate title:

"Being a COD4 n00b tosses salad hard."

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I know what you mean. When i was first playing COD4, i really sucked. I mean, i would end matches with around 24 deaths and 3 kills. But You can get used to it pretty quickly.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

I feel sorry for you, and yet I can't stop laughing at your pain! Don't worry. In due time, you will become dangerous.............or you'll help build some 10 year old's self esteem. Either way, keep your head up!

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm in the range of dying 20 times and killing 2 people in a team death match game. My crowing achievement thus far is getting a 3 kill streak with the heavy gunner on the "Wet Work" stage.

Now the worst is that there seems to be no balancing of teams. It seems to often my team is a group of sub level 10 guys and one level 30 something guy, and the other team is all high level players. Game starts, we get slaughtered 750-200.

Ah well, I'm just waiting till I can own newbs, not by skill, but by god guns.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

It gets easier. I still tend to die a lot myself only because I like to sneak up behind snipers and crawl beside them before I knife them or just rambo myself into a room full of the opposite team with guns blazing.

Consoles owned: 80GB PS3 w/bc, PS3 Slim 120gb
PSN: Yubitme        

The same happened to me when I first started playing it. But I have gotten better.

never had that problem, currently my Kd is something like 2.30 (was 2.60 until my nephew fucked it up). I guess it's because I've played every cod on-line.

Its definitely sucks when you're a noob but when you become a beast, its very rewarding. I'm still recovering from my noob days myself. Even though I have some games where I go 24 kills, 0 deaths, like last night, I'm still stuck at a 1.20 K/D ratio because I've clocked almost 36000 kills!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler