By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If the Wii is a fad then the DS is a fad

they are both fads, just like the gameboy, that thing is dead and gone

Around the Network

Put it that way, all the handhelds and consoles ever made are fad and there never will be any consoles or handhelds that aren't

I believe you are joking though 

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

^^ your right and wrong, its a joke with some truth to it, videogames are made to be fads, if this weren´t so nobody would buy the new ones and the industry would die, the problem is that some consoles don´t take of or can´t reach critical mass, others live to long and hurt the next-gen which many of us tink the PS2 is doing, you can´t sell something everybody allready has so you have to give them something new, be it new graphics or new controlls,

Art, doesn't this make you something of a Nintendo fanboy?

I agree with you that the Wii is not a fad. It's certainly delivered fun gameplay. If only they do something to compete with the 360's online service...

naznatips said:

Well, as much as I enjoyed the motion controls on TP, I agree.  They certainly don't HAVE to be in every game made for the Wii.  Super Paper Mario had very simple controls, but was still very fun.

Even Super Paper Mario's 'search the screen with Wiimote' I thought was pretty unnecessary.  Seemed like Nintendo was struggling to implement Wiimote control in the game.

I wasn't really impressed as games like Wii Sports and Elebits that use the Wiimote very effectively

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Around the Network
Rob Feature said:
Art, doesn't this make you something of a Nintendo fanboy?

I agree with you that the Wii is not a fad. It's certainly delivered fun gameplay. If only they do something to compete with the 360's online service...

For one, yes I am a fanboy, but I do believe I made sure my post was not written in a fanboy way, it had valid points, IMO.

And I believe, once again IMO that Nintendo's online service is better then that of Microsofts simply because it's 'Free'.

And I'd also rather download old-school NES/SNES/SEGA etc etc games ANYDAY then the games avaliable on the Xbox's Arcade games.

I consider myself a pretty big Nintendo fan but their online service is not superior just because it's free. The Wii's service is slow, you can only do one thing at a time, and while which service has better games is very much an opinion, Live does offer much other content that the Wii does not.

I know that the Wii has the blockbuster News, Weather, Everybody Votes, and Internet channels, but...actually I can't come up with a sarcastic remark about those. Live is just better even if it does come with a price tag.